GAB (Great American BBQ) Results

Dr. P didn't appear to be there. (Todd, these were the team across from you at Sugar Creek that lost their tent. )

They were supposed to be over by Ulcer Acres and I never saw them.

Yeah, I found out where they were.......... They took GC at westmont!!:wink:

Congrats to everyone that got called. Had a great weekend..Cant wait to see everyone again

oops forgot to post our results

Invite
chicken 11th
ribs 10th
pork 4th
brisket 46th(out of 52....ouch)

Open
chicken 20th
ribs 76th
pork 3rd
brisket 66th

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to tell everyone congrats!! Mokan meatheads, you guys rule!!! Thank you so much for letting me cook with you guys. I got to see what the "CHAMPS" do. It was good to see everybody, and hang out. Jay, thanks for the sauce.. That is some good stuff! Don't know where we are next, ( Maybe RAYTOWN) but hopefully I will see you guys soon. By the way, ANDY IS THE MAN!!! Between the cooker you bought and that trophy, I don't know what I would do...Great job guys

Had a guy come up to me from another team and say " Sammy is only 10 years old!! I bet his Dad helped him with his chicken "

I asked him " Did your Team Mates help you with your turn in's?? "

He said " Yes "

I said " What is the difference??"

Sammy has an incredible sense of taste and can cook!!

Look out Boys!!! He is here to stay!!

Take care of those lucky MOFO MOJO CHICKEN BEADS I bought you!!

Spice and TEAM Q

Had a guy come up to me from another team and say " Sammy is only 10 years old!! I bet his Dad helped him with his chicken "

I asked him " Did your Team Mates help you with your turn in's?? "

He said " Yes "

I said " What is the difference??"

Sammy has an incredible sense of taste and can cook!!

Look out Boys!!! He is here to stay!!

Take care of those lucky MOFO MOJO CHICKEN BEADS I bought you!!

Spice and TEAM Q

What an arse! Gets beaten by a damned good ten year old cook and looks to make excuses. Sweet reply, Jay! I might not have been as tactful.

congrats to all brethren, hope to cook with you guys next year...........sounds like fun!

I have to admit... You folks out in the midwest know how to throw one heck of a BBQ. First time out there cookin and was floored by the hospitality, the party atmosphere, and the folks putting on the event. Fortunate enough to get our calls for chicken (3rd) and pork (4th) at the Invitational....... Tanked the open though, but what can ya do. Looking forward to making another trip out there at some point for another event..

I have to admit... You folks out in the midwest know how to throw one heck of a BBQ. First time out there cookin and was floored by the hospitality, the party atmosphere, and the folks putting on the event. Fortunate enough to get our calls for chicken (3rd) and pork (4th) at the Invitational....... Tanked the open though, but what can ya do. Looking forward to making another trip out there at some point for another event..

Jason - I saw you get your calls at the open. Nice job! Was sitting down in front with Jeff_in_KC. Did you get to meet any of the Midwest Brethren?

Sloppy and the Misses would like to say congrats to all that got called and those that finished well. Thanks for the hospitality from all those we visited and it was great to meet some new friends. Next time we're cookn this show.

Go Big Creek!!!

I'll tell you what though, one of the best parts of the whole event was Jeff's coming out party. Long live BCRC!!! (BCRC = Big Creek Rainbow Coalition) I thought he did a great job integrating them into the cooker...:twisted:

Attachments

• img029.jpg
    img029.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 79
  • img032.jpg
    img032.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 79
  • img034.jpg
    img034.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 81
  • img027.jpg
    img027.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 79
Jeff, I must admit, as much as you try to deny it, I knew at some point your "true colors" would come out! Not that there's anything wrong with that!

p.s. Is noone gonna give a shout out to the Brethren that sucked eggs, but did succeed in having a killer time getting drunk and guiding the rest of the Brethren on what to do?

Gay bashers! :lol: The rainbow has been destroyed...

Dustin, give a shout out to your buddy and tell him the price of replacing my stereo he broke goes up daily. Not kidding.

Gay bashers! :lol: The rainbow has been destroyed...

Dustin, give a shout out to your buddy and tell him the price of replacing my stereo he broke goes up daily. Not kidding.

:twisted: Only ONE distroyed? :twisted:
You know there isnt only one right??? I learned to count between Platte City and the GAB.:rolleyes:

Congrats to all of our Brothers who walked and those who came by to chat and share some good times!! Spice

Always good to see you and the Team Q crew.
A big THANK YOU to JAY for saving our bacon on Saturday Night... our party grew and we were going to need some good sauce to wow the crowd. Kim came over to buy some sauce and didnt know which one to get - and of course Spice hooked her up with a smorgasbord of sauces on the house. Lots of raves!!! Everyone loved the SWEET HEAT!

Congrats to all! We had a great time, just wished we weren't stuck over in lot 2 which seemed like miles from lot 5 where most all our friends were.

It was cool to get to cook in our first invitational. We didn't do anything special either day overall, but at least we got one trip to the stage both days.

Thanks everyone. It was a great weekend for the brethern teams, especially when you think of how many and how many heavy hitters there were this weekend. Congrats to all that were there and turned in their "Good Stuff".

With a contest like the open you could turn in the best stuff you ever cook and still finish in the pack. Now you can't turn in bad stuff, like our brisket for the open (132nd place)!!

Big congrats to all that got calls! Way to go on Ribs Mokan, and Big Creek didn't do bad on ribs either!

Thanks Kevin - your package came just in time!!

Back