GAB (Great American BBQ) Results

Congrats to everyone, way to go Ho De Do's. The results are up, we finished middle of the pack but had a great weekend despite the rain.

Wow! Our scores sucked big time! I thought we had top 100 in Brisket and ribs, not even close.
Thanks to all the Brethren for a great time though! Next GAB should be in a dome, with GREAT ventilation! My feet and back hurt so farkin bad, I really need to get unloaded, but the couch feels too darn good!
Wayne, Andy, Jeff, you guys have figured this out. Way to go!

The Kid Does It Again!

Congrats to the HoDeDoes on their 1st place chicken, but did anyone notice who was right in there behind them in 2nd place?? Young Slammin' Sammy of Chick 'N' Pig is cooking with the big guys and doing a fine job competing! That's a 1st and a 2nd that I know of so far this year. WTG Sammy! You know all of us central Missouri cookers are proud as heck for ya! And Denise got a 1st in vegatables! The whole family can cook!

Congrats all on an outstanding Brethren weekend!

Big congrats to all that got calls! Way to go on Ribs Mokan, and Big Creek didn't do bad on ribs either!

Big congrats to all that got calls! Way to go on Ribs Mokan, and Big Creek didn't do bad on ribs either!

Thanks Kevin! You seem to have a vested interest in our ribs! :wink:

Big Creek's results:

Chicken - 54th
Ribs - 33rd
Pork - 43rd
Brisket - 16th (tied with the guy who walked at 15th!)
Overall - 12th

We were thrilled with our results! Now I'm taking a weekend off to go fishing! According to the KC Star, the crappie, walleye and hybrid fishing is the best it's been below Truman Dam in 15 years!

Congrats to the HoDeDoes on their 1st place chicken, but did anyone notice who was right in there behind them in 2nd place?? Young Slammin' Sammy of Chick 'N' Pig is cooking with the big guys and doing a fine job competing! That's a 1st and a 2nd that I know of so far this year. WTG Sammy! You know all of us central Missouri cookers are proud as heck for ya! And Denise got a 1st in vegatables! The whole family can cook!

Team Q was 8th in this tough crowd in chicken. HUGE Brethren showing in this category!

Not a real good weekend for Team Q except our 8th in chicken

Open

Ribs--- 37th

Pork--- 96th

Brisket--- 133rd

Over All--- 56th

Congrats to all of our Brothers who walked and those who came by to chat and share some good times!!

Spice

HoDeDo is still partying at the Woodlands tonight! We got 1st in Chicken and were 5th overall! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
WAY TO GO; CONGRATULATIONS!!!! IT IS SO EXCITING TO SEE THIS. KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON. I say he well deserved to party, Mr. No. 1 in Chicken and 5th OVERALL~~~WONDERFUL~

Plowboys sucked azz this weekend. 58th in Pork was the only good showing. We knew it would be lower than it should have been because our presentation was awful. We were running out of time and basically tossed it in the box at the last minute. Was proud of the product.

Thought our chicken was really good. Same exact chicken I made in Platte City, but the score was 16 points lower. Go figure. Chicken finished two spots above Twin Oaks.

Just got off the phone with Randy. Despite our lack luster showing, we had a great time this weekend. There were just too many people that we wanted to talk to, but enjoyed the company of those that we did get to see.

Team Q - Thanks for the sauce and letting me "cry on your shoulder" Sunday morning. You guys are a 100% class act.

Andy it looks like you need to mix Crown and Johnny Walker Red Label more often. Great job!!

I need to take the HoDeDo chicken class, a worst ever score 187.

Sauced Pigs:
Chicken 187
Ribs 23
Pork 94
Brisket 18
Overall 63

Great weekend. Finally got to meet Team Q and Bubba abd Jeff. I missed alot of the Brethren> Next time.

Congrat's all, very nice!!!! Mokan....your on a great roll....SWEET!!!!:cool:

Anyone know what happend to Kate and Alex(Dr Porkenstien)??????

Dr. P didn't appear to be there. (Todd, these were the team across from you at Sugar Creek that lost their tent. )

They were supposed to be over by Ulcer Acres and I never saw them.

Sammy was only 4 points behind me.... he's on a roll!!! Great job from him all season - he's a force to be reckoned with!!!

Andy it looks like you need to mix Crown and Johnny Walker Red Label more often. Great job!!

Ouch.... That was a rough night. Thank goodness that 4 day run at the wall only happens twice a year (GAB and Royal).

What a great weekend for everyone. Brethern walking everywhere!!!

Back