Full SLC on Tabletop Cooker- Crowned

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Was going to do two racks but think I'll put one in Freezer for down the Road

Sideways. Lid would not shut with clearance standing upright. So sideways crowned SLC
Post Oak pellets

If interested crowned is nothing new. BBQ Pit boys has a ten year old video, at least 10. We was doing this back in the mini wsm build days. We did them straight on grate then.

Last edited:
Apologies. St Louis Cut Spare ribs

Don't know why but every time I read SLC I think Salt Lake City. :doh:

Looking forward Adams! My dad passed on it because it's not so "portable" for him and he doesn't want it sitting around outside. I have no use for it at home and I hate returning things so I'll take it up to the cabin.

ds0krwEm.jpg

I got the ASMOKE for $150 during its promotion on go fund me. I've used it several times since but have always felt it was cramped in space. I know they came out with a newer model with a higher lid for more volume but I have not felt the urge to re-fit in light of the infrequent use. Has anyone done the re-fit?

Generally I don't eat after 2pm. Today I had a couple of crown bones.
Totally acceptable. May have gone a tad over temp for a tad too long, but that's me being a biotch to myself. Totally me. That being said if I'd ordered these in a QJoint and paid QJoint pricing, Id still be pleased. The really thin end two were edible irregulars, the gristles and "tips" were perfect. Parts of these ribs 10 of 10. Skinny parts suffered and I ate them like a Good Dog, but probably wouldn't have gifted to anyone, but me.5 of 10 since I kinda enjoy the nasty bits. Overall 7.5 ...... edible

Last edited:
Back