Freezer filling back up

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I’ve been to more natural and human caused disasters than I care to recall. If you go through one-tornado, hurricane, wildfire, long duration events you will be dam proud to have water-food-fire-shoes-first aid kit and a bicycle. Yep, a bicycle. Every event I attended folks getting around on bikes.

ATTST I’ve been in a multi month freezer clean-out, Leftovers for meals, etc.
broke that this weekend with purchase of 4 Pork Picnics and several packages of hot links, various sausages. Picnics at 0.77#. We had just about used up all our canned goods, so thoughtfully adding back the essentials. Green & Red enchilada sauces, beans, Chili- not fond of canned veggies, preferring fresh or frozen.
I’m good for 2022 on Spirits & Coals.

Wife wants to buy a case of canned salmon. I’m green but I’ll survive as long as I cook the croquettes.

Think I’ll go to the range, haven’t been this year, and grab a few cases of water on the way home.

I should be ashamed.
A freezer full of meat but I'm headed to the store for wings and beef ribs. Because that's what I wanna eat and I have neither.
Freezer cleanout will happen this summer.

I think, no I know that all Brethren could take any available protein, season it with whatever rubs and spices we have on hand and smoke or grill a grand feast in our cookers.
Those 3 squirrel running across my roof best be careful. Dumplings been sounding good.

I have rabbit, quail, dove, fish, deer and rattlesnake in the freezer. Lol
Squirrel would be nice addition!

Good time to stock up. Sounds like you're set Adams! :-D

I have rabbit, quail, dove, fish, deer and rattlesnake in the freezer. Lol
Squirrel would be nice addition!

Good time to stock up. Sounds like you're set Adams! :-D

Never really cared for fried squirrel but stewed was pretty awesome. Fried rattlesnake is particularly mild. Just salt and some floss. :laugh:

I've been telling the bride for years that I'll feed the backyard critters until TSHTF, then the cute bunnies, squirrels, doves and deer will feed us.

If it's got fins, feathers or fur, I know the Brethren can make it tasty!

Momma had our freezer filled. Still about half full. She takes pretty good care of us. Dug around in there and found a corned beef brisket for St. Patty's Day. Remember all them ribs you cooked up last summer? That cut-off is great with 'ronni & cheese or rice.
We're set for awhile. My best to all.

Last edited:
We just ordered a box from Porter Road, so we’re fairly set as well. Although Winn Dixie has the Butts on sale for .99 per pound…

Porter Road. Seen Chuds BBQ speaking of pork collar IIRC. Saw pork neck bones at store recently. Parts and Pieces have always interested me. However, that 50$ beef tongue was laughable

Back