Franklin's BBQ Birthday Trip - MEGA PRON ALERT!

I turn 50 in a couple of years and I always wanted to do one of those tornado chasing tours. Now, I'm beginning to reconsider. Or maybe I could combine trips.

Thanks for all the great photo work!

Great post with great pics!!!:thumb: I think that if there is a "King Of Brisket" Aaron is it, no doubt!:grin:
I'm with gtr, next time you hit Austin go to The John Mueller Meat Co.. He cooked beef ribs for the President the last time he came through Texas.:wink:
P.S. And a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Glad you enjoyed your trip to Texas and the food! We are mighty proud of our brisket. I went once after hours and it was free food and drinks with no waiting. They wouldn't let us in the pit area and Aaron wasn't there. But they let us take food and desserts home. I did get a couple t-shirts. Don't know if I could wait 7 hours in line though. Appreciate you posting the pics of the cookers since I missed out on that.

Awesome write-up! Thanks for all the pics. Those pits look a little close together in that "Pit room" pic. How were they operating them in such tight quarters?

Great post. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the pics. I got to go two summers ago which feels like an eternity now - especially with the renovations.

Great thread! This is the kind of thing that gets you excited about BBQ!
I would love to spend a few days in that area just hitting BBQ joints.
Did you happen to take a picture of the beef rib?

That was a great job posting all them pictures. I have to be honest I would have been so excited I probably would have forget to take any! Thank you for doing this for all of us who have not or may never make the trip.

I have waited in line and have also pre-ordered Franklin's BBQ. (Have to order at least 5# and weeks in advance) The wait was worth it. The day I waited, I was surrounded not by others also making large orders but mostly by people (locals AND tourists) waiting to eat lunch! Amazin!

Back