Foodsaver Score

tish

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I've been waiting and waiting for the right time to get the foodsaver, because although we need one badly, it was just too expensive to get the one I wanted with the accessories I preferred. Figured I'd just have to wait 'till the price came down. Today's the day.

I wanted a full-size flat model, not the space saver ones, because so many people seem to have trouble with those. I wanted one that had more positive reviews from other customers. I wanted the accessory kit with all the containers and the adapter hose, and I also wanted a marinating container, and some bags.

The rep told me not to buy a marinating container because he could show me how to turn any one of the containers into a marinating container. So, I didn't have to spend the extra $21 for that, and I was happy.

What I got was the V-2840 (was $159.99) which is a flat model and normally comes with one 11" roll of bags. I got it with a bonus of three 11" bags, three 8" bags, and one portion bag. This unit has a 4-1/2 star rating, and I got it for $81 and change. The advertised sale says $89, but the rep was able to get an extra $8 off for me. I'm not sure how he did it, but I wasn't going to question it. I tried to put a link here to the $89 ad, but it comes up as a half page long hyperlink.

I also got the Accessory Set (was $75.00) that comes with three 24 oz. snack containers, three 25 oz. leftover containers, one 48 oz. rectangular container, one 50 oz. round container, one 75 oz. container, the adaptor hose, for $39 and change. I got free shipping on the whole order for a total of $121 and change.

The rep I spoke with, Jay, said the special on the containers is unadvertised, so the rep you work with just has to know about it. He said this particular model is going fast because of the sale, so if you've been waiting to get a good price on one of these, now might be the time. Just thought someone might want a heads up on it. :wink:

My daughter gave me a FoodSaver V3835 she found dumpster diving. It works great. It is just me and the wife so it allows me to fix a whole brisket and vacuum seal parts of it in meal size portions and pop them into the freezer.

You will never regret that purchase, it will always come in handy. Last time FoodSaver had a mega sale, I bought an extra...It's still boxed up, sitting in my garage :thumb:

I saw the deal on Facebook and ordered one myself a couple of hours ago. I have never used one nor even seen one in use. Hope this is a good model.

Last edited:
My daughter gave me a FoodSaver V3835 she found dumpster diving. It works great. It is just me and the wife so it allows me to fix a whole brisket and vacuum seal parts of it in meal size portions and pop them into the freezer.

That's fantastic, Wayne! Can't ask for better than free! :clap2:

How do you turn the other containers into marinating containers?

He said to put your meat and marinade into a container, attach the hose, and vacuum out all the air. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Release the air, and repeat the cycle 3 more times except on the last cycle, don't release the air until you're done marinating. He said it would perform in the same way the marinating containers do, if you follow these directions. He said he and his wife marinate this way all the time, and they don't own the marinating container because it costs so much more. Doing it this way, it works just as well.

I saw the deal on Facebook and ordered one myself a couple of hours ago. I have never used one nor even seen one in use. Hope this is a good model.

When the rep asked me which one I wanted, I thought he was gonna try and talk me into one of the more expensive ones, but he didn't. He said, "Oh! Good choice!" He told me they have much fewer complaints on this model than a lot of the others. I was going by the mostly postive reviews on the site, but I was happy that he told me about the fewer complaints. I did have one of the flat models like this years and years ago, and I loved it. It worked great. I'm hoping it will this time, too. :wink:

That's the same model I bought 2 years ago and it's been purring along perfect since. Yer gonna love it.

Thanks, Skidder! I hope so. I've been waiting a really long time to get one. Most of them are just too pricey for me right now. This one was a little easier to manage with all they're giving ya for the price. If it works well, I'll be very happy with the deal they gave me. :becky:

Back