First time pork wings

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeffry
Got some pork wings and thought I’d give ‘em a try. 275 on the OKJ Bronco. Homemade seasoned rice as a side.
4 cups rice
4 cups chicken stock (I use better than bouillon and water to make my stock)
1 large onion
1/2 bell pepper
Fresh parsley from the garden
1 TSP garlic
2 TSP Harry Soos chicken rub
Put everything in the instapot and cook

Wings rubbed with Killer Hogs Hot. Wrapped in foil and butter after 2 hours. And back on for another 30 minutes or so. Sauced and back on for 15 minutes or so.
Came out really good. Reminded me of a meatier rib. Had a similar bite through as well. I’d do it again. Rice was a big hit!

Attachments

• 55D26701-BDEA-4FBB-9EA6-B66EAEB437AC.jpg
    55D26701-BDEA-4FBB-9EA6-B66EAEB437AC.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 260
  • B2CEA8CC-9ED6-4D74-B29B-22AF352C9518.jpg
    B2CEA8CC-9ED6-4D74-B29B-22AF352C9518.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 255
Pig wings are a specialty cut of pork you can make from the lower shank of a hock. Cut pig wings from the lower shank. Separate the two bones and trim out the tendons, leaving a dense, beautiful piece of meat on one bone. You probably won't find pig wings in your grocery store, but you can buy the pork shanks and cut them yourself. I know Chuds bbq and bearded butcher each did a video on the butchering process.

I've never heard of a pork wing and I don't think my pigs have either. lol
Looks danged delicious though!! :-D

Had some pig wings at a bar in Wilmington NC last year. Pretty darned tasty! I've seen some pre-cooked ones for sale but never any raw ones. Anyone know if they exist?

Had some pig wings at a bar in Wilmington NC last year. Pretty darned tasty! I've seen some pre-cooked ones for sale but never any raw ones. Anyone know if they exist?

If you have a GFS near you, they've got fully cooked. A little pricey at almost $10 a pound....

https://gfsstore.com/products/790740/?store_code=109&utm_source=google-merchant&utm_medium=ad&gfs_attribution=google-merchant-ad&gclid=CjwKCAjw9qiTBhBbEiwAp-GE0coDGF3SwzAqWE6Au3D0gbbvI2dwmlRcDMbevPJVpevHYJQRyT2jVhoC_swQAvD_BwE

Raw I saw some wild fork and others for mail order...

Nice cook!

I buy when I see ‘em and order them when they are on the menu(very rare). They good and your looks top notch

Those look good!

I'm pretty sure I've seen them at Kroger occasionally. They are usually frozen IIRC. There's a place around here that serves them, but they aren't very good (not cooked long enough to be tender).

Back