first test run of brick smoker

Great looking pit! Nice brick work also. Looks like all you need for the racks is maybe some re-bar to hold them up under extra weight. Simple and easy fix. Time to get er dirty!

Have a Blessed day!

Omar

Love that! I'd love to have a brick pit one day. Thanks for posting!

I want to cook a small lamb in that, looks great.
Nice workmanship mate:thumb:

so sweet!!! seems like a brick wsm. i was wondering, would you ever run it with a basket of charcoal and chunks using the minion method? also wondering if anyone with a wsm runs it with sticks. also would like to know where the doors and frames came from and if you worked off established plans, your own plans or if you just winged it.

Been looking at doing something similar. Did you make the doors yourself?

I had the door cut for me. I would of liked the doors to be a bit thinner, but they were from offcuts.

I haven't worked out yet if it is a benefit being 1/2 thick as it would take some time to heat up. At least they won't warp.

The framework was angle iron cut and welded

Congrats that a beautiful pit. It brings back memories from my youth of a brick smoker and grill that my grandfather had built. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thats a pretty sweet smoker. What made you decide to have the fire box directly under the smoking chamber? Did you find any information indicating that is the best way to do it with brick ? I have about 500 bricks just waiting, but have not found any plans online. I am considering having the firebox in the back (not under the smoking chamber). Was afraid if I placed the firebox directly underneath it might make the chamber to hot.

Thats a pretty sweet smoker. What made you decide to have the fire box directly under the smoking chamber? Did you find any information indicating that is the best way to do it with brick ? I have about 500 bricks just waiting, but have not found any plans online. I am considering having the firebox in the back (not under the smoking chamber). Was afraid if I placed the firebox directly underneath it might make the chamber to hot.

I had a cheap metal vertical smoker and I want to do the same in brick and have a sealed system. The size of the smoker was dictated by the size of the racks and length on the bricks. It was all done ad hoc and what seemed right.
As for the heat that can be controlled by the bottom vent and by trial and error on the baffle.

I have done 2 simple cooks on it and temp wise in hovers around 220 to 250 which is ideal

Back