THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okiebro

Found some matches.
My friend asked me to cook him a shoulder clod this weekend . Iv cooked about everything except shoulder clod . Do I just treat it like a brisket and cook it to 195 internal like I would do my brisket ??? Any help will be appreciated , thx !

I have not had the fortune or time to do a whole (15+ pound clod). I have had 4 and 5 pound pieces.

I took those to 190 and they were great. I took some to 195, and they were dry.

Is yours a whole clod?

There are a couple different schools of thought on cooking clod - one is cook the hell out of it brisket style, and an other is treat it like a big ole beef roast, cooking to roast temps. I did the latter for my first one and loved it:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202697

I would like to try one at the higher temps just to see what that does, but I really enjoyed the one I took to about 130.

Been a while since I've done clod, but last time I cut the large clod into 2 8lb chunks and treated them like butts. Smoked, wrapped and then pulled. Was good. A few ways to go about it.

Back