First Rib Roast game plan; input appreciated.

Okay so here are my updates in RED

1. bones appear to be separated already, so possibly just french them - They were indeed separated
  2. Trim fat to taste - I trimmed 3 lbs of fat which I saved for sausage or ground beef
  3. dry brine with a basic SPG overnight in fridge - I used a SPOG, but same idea
  4. this this is MASSIVE and won't fit any vac seal bag. so will use oven bag for sous vide - The oven bag worked quite well!
  5. sous vide @ 130 for 6 hours - Here is where I deviated...I listened to the advice of the brethren and ended up SV for 11.5 hours..give or take
  6. after six or so hours, sear it on either charcoal or gas grill - After the 11.5 hour bath I got my charcoal grill HOT and seared the heck out of it
  7. possibility make a garlic butter to drizzle on it too. undecided - I decided to scrap this plan, and ended up making an Au Jus that turned out fantastic

The end result:

52586246171_90c6fb3789_b.jpg

52586683465_f44085d3af_b.jpg

I plan on doing a full writeup in another thread and will link to it when complete. Thank you all for your suggestions....The entire family was raving about it all last night and even this morning I have a half dozen texts about how good it was, lol. My first go and I am very pleased how well it turned out...and more importantly the guests loved it.

You knocked it out of the park on your first up at bat, Adam. Congrats!!! :biggrin1:

Thanks, Mongo! Much appreciated!

PS: You did a fine job yourself, and happy belated birthday!

link to cook post here

Looks great! Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell YES!!!

That is beautiful!!!

Congratulations on a killer first cook!

Back