THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
Haven't been able to do much grilling or smoking lately. March 12th the Lord blessed us with a son and from there we went straight into my daughter's
baseball season. Well, the final game was Monday so that means Tuesday, Friday and Saturday were spent by the Pellet Grill. We still haven't got my
storage shed put up after we moved in December, so my WSM is still at my in laws so the RT590 has to carry the load.

Tuesday we cooked the marinated garlic and herb pork tenderloin and smoked a hashbrown casserole. I don't know how many of you have
tried the store marinated tenderloins, but they are very good (have a ton of flavor and maintain a lot of moisture).

grillhashloin.jpgplatedloin.jpg

Friday I was in the mood for chicken wings. The ones on the left are dry rubbed in Oakridge smoky chili lime seasoning, the middle ones are in Killer Hogs AP (some were dipped in BWW Spicy Garlic Buffalo Sauce), and the ones on the right are dry rubbed in Whiskey Bent Poultry seasoning. The wife made a sausage and queso dip to go along nicely with the wings.
grillwings.jpgplatedwings.jpgquesodip.jpg

Saturday the wife wanted some St. Louis Ribs for her bday. They were rubbed in Buccee's BBQ rub (very good) and sauced. Also, not pictured were the baked potato and baked beans to go with the ribs.
Also, included a picture of my baseball player after the awards ceremony. She has grown a lot since we got my avatar picture after one of my football games. Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!
grillribs.jpgcharlottebaseball.jpg

I apologize in advance because I have a feeling after uploading these pictures, they are crazy big. This is after I reduced the size emailing through my phone.

Joedy, it looks like you tried to cram a months worth of cooking into 3 days, not that there's anything wrong with that, just careful that you don't make me jealous.
Congrats on the new arrival! You will have a new grilling partner in case your daughter develops different interests (I know, what could possibly be more interesting than cooking outdoors, right?).

Everything looks great! Hash brown casserole recipe please?
approximately 20 oz bag of hashbrowns (most people use shredded I've seen people use cubed too)
6 oz Sour Cream
1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (I've used both)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of melted butter
2 cups of shredded cheese (we always use sharp cheddar--I feel it stands out more)
Hit it with some onion powder and mix together in a mixing bowl
Spray a 13x9 casserole dish (the big one whatever size that is) with PAM and spread out the casserole evenly.

My wife cooks it at 350* in an oven when I cook it in the pellet grill I go at 300* to give it more time to smoke. Delicious!

Joedy, it looks like you tried to cram a months worth of cooking into 3 days, not that there's anything wrong with that, just careful that you don't make me jealous.
Congrats on the new arrival! You will have a new grilling partner in case your daughter develops different interests (I know, what could possibly be more interesting than cooking outdoors, right?
Ron, thanks buddy and I totally agree what could be better than cooking outdoors? She may choose to shop with her mom or watch Hallmark movies all day haha. Whoever would want to do all that?

Reall nice cooks. May have to try that hash brown casserole. Your daughter is growing up to be a beautiful little girl. Congratulations on the birth of your son- you cant start BBQ Training to early

Back