THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Got tired of being the only one left to ever fry wings on the Weber.
Cut the tips off and scissored the web for easier pull apart and dunked in some Buttermilk (1 1/2 Cup 2% with three squirts of lemon juice) and in a bag for a couple hours.

Mixed up some pizza flour, Lawrys, pepper, garlic, paprika, cayenne and gave the wings a good shake and let set for a bit while I got the Performer fired up.

Circled the wagons and stirred up my 3rd Gimlet!

After 45 mins or so basted with melted butter, flipped and basted that side and let 'em go another 20 mins or so. They temped at under/over 200*.

Made for a nice platefull even without messing with sides. Mrs. Ed was very surprised with taste, tenderness, and crunch.

Some lucky bastard is going to have a nice lunch!

Ed

Looks great and not to worry. I have yet to do so as well. Keep on deep frying. I may just keep my 18" kettle and get a vortex to try

Back