Finally home all the way from Texas--My newly born offset smoker from Lone Star Grillz

Congrats - that really is a great pit! Love the options you got as well - very nicely done sir. You are gonna have so much good food and so many good times around that thing.

Soooo....when's the party? :hungry:

Thanks Greg! I know I said it a million times and I'll say it again but ever since the pig picking last year at your place and tasting the meat off of your Klose I decided that night that I want a stick burner.

As far as the party, I have to plan a get together one of these days but I have to make sure I'm on vacation so no emergency will haul me to work if you know what I mean. :tsk:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Yeah, I need to get me one of those. I keep looking at horizontal cookers, but for my space constraints I really need a vertical. I really like the warming oven option too.

You won't be disappointed Dave. I know you keep going back and forth on deciding which one. I was in your shoes before I made a choice on the LSG vertical and I'll extremely happy with it.

Congrats that is a fine looking cooker. The more I keep seeing Lone Stars verticals here the more I want one.

I see a LOT more cool touch handles and sausage rods than I got on mine, VERY nice!!!
It's a thing of beauty man, I'd put the pics you've posted here against those of any pit, anywhere!:wink:
You do realize that this is the first step toward becoming a true "redneck" don't you? The more you cook on that fine Texas made stick burner you've got there the more you're going to want to drive old pick up trucks with beer cans rolling around in the bed and worse case scenario,... you may begin to find one of your cousins more attractive!:-o:shock: LOL!!! :p
I'm truly happy for you Brotha' and welcome to the dark side, the wonderful world of stick burning!:clap2::grin:

Thanks Brotha!! I've actually noticed some funny things happening you mentioned while I was seasoning the pit.:becky: I've got a few buds out of state that I roll with time to time in a lifted F350 on the rural highways with rifles in the cars, drinking beer and they even taught me how to flick empty beer cans out of the window in a way where it lands in the bed of the truck. Sitting on the window frame and over the roof shooting rabbit while moving.:biggrin1: Good times!!

I appreciate the guidance and help again bro. Truly an amazing pit and great choice.

Fantastic Sako, too beautiful, bravo! That is the way to do it, my good man! Great post as well. I see in your sig you got the BS oven also, you are pretty much ready for any outdoor cooking now. Dave

Thanks Dave!! I couldn't resist the BS oven and at that price point it was a no brainer. I love that thing and helps making pizzas a breeze. Great equipment to have for pizza and a bunch more.

Wooo hooo! Congrats, thats a helluva smoker and I like the pull handle and temp probe options!! :clap2: Wish I thought of those options while they were building mine! :doh:

Thanks brother!! I just thought to get all the options necessary while I was at it. The pull handle was a must for me for maneuvering the pit in tight spaces.

WOW!!!! That is a beautiful cooker, I love all the mods and the sausage racks are awesome you can cook like a PBC over live fire or bricks. :thumb:

Where's the jealous smiley? :becky:

Should I even ask what that cost with those options (not including shipping)?

Should I even ask what that cost with those options (not including shipping)?

It's not top secret and all you have to do and go and price it up on LSG's websit BUT I'll spare you the hassle because I don't mind. :becky:

Pit with all the option you see a hair off $3000

What the heck I'll give the shipping numbers as well just in case anyone is interested out this way.

Shipping costs: Again hair off $500 total

$283 freght
$45 residential delivery fee
$150 crating and insurance

IMO that is very reasonable total figure for superior craftmanship, service, and travel from Texas.

That is a very nice well built pit you got there brother...... you gonna love it I am sure!!!!!!!:-D

Thanks Paul! If I didn't go with LSG I was sure to go with you. Pretty much the only nice full sized offset that would fit in my back yard as front yard is out of question.

Thanks Paul! If I didn't go with LSG I was sure to go with you. Pretty much the only nice full sized offset that would fit in my back yard as front yard is out of question.

you did good brother I assure.... like I said many times if I did not build them... I would not hesitate to let them build one for me..... No doubt....

Beautiful pit ssv, congratulations!! Couldn't have gone to a better home. :cool::thumb:

Great Smoker Bro. I cant wait till mine arrives. Minus the bottle opener and a little grill art mine is going to be pretty much the same cooker. Definitely love the hangers in the warming oven.. I guess it will be early Christmas for me 18-19 offsets in front of me with a build rate of 2 per week is what Chris told me last week.

Back