Finally found good ribs!

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
Ever since COVID started every rib I bought was butchered funny, tasteless, or fatty as hell. A month or so ago my wife bought chairman’s reserve pork chops and they were the best pork chops we both had in years. Last weekend we saw that Chairman’s reserve sells St. Louis cut and baby back ribs so we gave them a shot. I smoked the St. Louis ribs yesterday on my Green mountain. They were excellent! Just picked up some more for next weekend. At about $12 for a perfectly trimmed St. Louis rib I’m also happy with the price. my wife plans on doing the baby backs in the crock pot. I know someone made a legal stink about these because there is no “prime” rating on pork. But based on what I’ve had so far they are prime when compared to the other pork in the store.

B647-FC1-F-A1-FF-4783-8581-3090-E4-A2-B94-C.jpg

511-DEE6-B-D0-FD-48-E5-AC0-F-1-E2-FB317888-A.jpg

Looks good. I was just talking to a local butcher about this brand last week. He was recommending them for competition. Glad to hear others talk about their quality.

Are you getting these through a store/local supplier or ordering them online?

The local Shoprite supermarket has them out with the rest of the meats.
The pork is head and shoulders above the crappy meat that everyone has been carrying since COVID started. Hopefully this is a sign that things are getting back to normal! The price isn’t bad either the slab of ribs were $3.99 per pound.

The local Shoprite supermarket has them out with the rest of the meats.
The pork is head and shoulders above the crappy meat that everyone has been carrying since COVID started. Hopefully this is a sign that things are getting back to normal! The price isn’t bad either the slab of ribs were $3.99 per pound.

Thanks! Doesn't look like it is sold in any of the stores close to me. May have to make a trip up to the Northside of Indy to try some.

Glad you're getting back on track with the pork supply. Looks great and nice smoke ring!

Thanks! I’m learning to adapt to a pellet cooker. I smoked them at 180°f for the first few hours before turning it up to 225°f. I used a 12” pellet tube to get some additional smoke flavor into the meat. I also had a pan with apple juice & water on the grate and basted the ribs with it a few times.

Chairman's Reserve is a Tyson brand. Must be nice to have a variety of brands to pick from, though. All I ever find around here is Smithfield or IBP (also Tyson). Once, just once, I saw Tyson's Open Prairie brand of ribs at Sam's.

Back