THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woodbooger

Knows what a fatty is.
a guy at work talked me into making chili this weekend so I have some bison stew meat and ground elk that I will use. A month or so ago someone posted a chili recipe on here I said I was going to try but I can't find it. Can anyone help me out? I have a recipe I always use but I want to try something different..... and of course, the great debate..... beans or no beans??

Here is a recipe we always use, got it years ago from a biker buddy of mine. West Texas style:
1 or 1 1/2 lbs meat, chopped or cubed
Salt/pepper to taste
Heaping cup of chopped onions, same amount of chopped bell peppers
1 chopped jalapeno,(kinda big one)
4 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne (more if you like)
1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot one)
1 can Bush's chili beans

Brown meat in little oil, S/P to taste, add in onions, peppers, jalapeno, cook till softened, mix all spices,add to pan, then add Rotel and chili beans, simmer about 30-40min. Good stuff, I've made it with beef, deer,turkey, it should be good with elk or bison. Hope you enjoy it.....:-D

Maybe this one . I used it and it was awesome .
4 lbs ground beef
1 lb hot sausage
2 celery stalks
1 red bell pepper
4 onion’s
1 15oz can tomato sauce
4 to 5 can’s stewed mater’s
64 oz v8 juice spicy
1.5 onion salt
4 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp kosher salt
3 tsp garlic powder