THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gcs

is one Smokin' Farker
Just do it, lol

Never bothered to do this before, but remembered in the morning I had a chicken quarter defrosted for dinner, so I gave it a sprinkle of salt on both sides and back into the ziplock and refrigerator.

It definitely made a difference, moister meat with a better flavor....I'll be doing this from now on....:mrgreen:

Just do it, lol

Never bothered to do this before, but remembered in the morning I had a chicken quarter defrosted for dinner, so I gave it a sprinkle of salt on both sides and back into the ziplock and refrigerator.

It definitely made a difference, moister meat with a better flavor....I'll be doing this from now on....:mrgreen:

That's the way my grandmother did it. When I need to freeze some I go ahead and salt it before now.

Back