DIY Probes for Rock's Stoker

eap0510

Full Fledged Farker
I was really sad to see that Rock's closed down their website a while back for I have spent a fair amount of time in creating my own application to interface with the Stoker. One issue that was of real concern to me was the ability to replace my probes when they went on the fritz so I began to buy any used probes that I could locate.

Now today over on the Egg Head forum I ran across a posting in which someone was able to create replacement probes and fans that work with the Stoker. Here is the link if anyone is interested in making their own probes.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1222399/diy-probe-for-rocks-stoker

I will definitely be producing a few of these just in case the parts are no longer sold for whatever reason.

I own a Stoker and when I heard that Rock's was throwing in the towel I was concerned that when my probes finally failed I was up the proverbial creek. Thank you for posting this, awesome!!

Can't read the link.

I signed up for an account at eggheadforum 3 weeks ago but they never approved me. GOOD, I kept looking and found this place.

Can't read the link.

I signed up for an account at eggheadforum 3 weeks ago but they never approved me. GOOD, I kept looking and found this place.

I'm not logged into the site and the post is showing up for me.:confused:

You all are definitely welcome. I was very excited when I found the posting as well.

If anyone adventures out and makes this probe please report back as to how easy/hard it was to reproduce. From the list of parts and the cost mentioned in the posting it would appear that Rocks was not making much off replacement probes.

I love the idea that someone has figured out how to make new probes for the Stoker. I was sad to hear that it was no longer being made. But, at 39.90 Euros per Thermocouple, you can get a new Inkbird or other brand of wireless thermometer for the cost of 2 or 3 of those thermocouples. I would check around the internet to see if you can get a similar device for less or do what I did and stop using the Stoker. :sad:

I love the idea that someone has figured out how to make new probes for the Stoker. I was sad to hear that it was no longer being made. But, at 39.90 Euros per Thermocouple, you can get a new Inkbird or other brand of wireless thermometer for the cost of 2 or 3 of those thermocouples. I would check around the internet to see if you can get a similar device for less or do what I did and stop using the Stoker. :sad:

The issue I have is that I run two pits during a competition. To the best of my knowledge Stoker is the only device that can power multiple pits at the same time. I have also developed a Java application for the Stoker that has taken the original StokerLog to the next level.

Back