THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thats an American "measurement", not an American "tape measure".

Whoever finds one of those gets my vote.

Now, on the other hand, I do have an American unit. Must I use IT to measure the steak?:shock:

So, ribeye steak at least 1 inch thick, baked potato and green vegetable. Can I have more than one green vegetable? So, could I have peas? or just a single pea? What about if I had brocolli? Could I cut that in florets or I need to serve on the stalk? Can I have vegetables with additional colors? What if I had carrots with my peas? Could I have vegetables that aren't green as long as I have a green vegetable accompanying? Does the green vegetable need to be prominent? Or could I have a medley of carrots and cauliflower with a single green pea and call it a day?

What if I got one of those potatoes with a greenish hue? Would that fulfill my potato and green vegetable requirement? Or, could I dye the potato green?

I may have additional questions after these, depending on how you answer. And I haven't even thought about the beer salad route. :thumb:

Ok, here you go...

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Either way is fine. Yep. That's fine. Yes. As long as it's visable on the plate. Probably should have more than one. Your potato could be green, but you would still need an additional green veggie.

So the plate does not to have the meat, just the other stuff as long as the meat is in the entry photo and the meat must be sliced at some point but the sliced meat does not have to be entered. Are the slices required to be 1" or more? do I have to pour my beer veggie in the plate or is ok OK in the bottle or a pint glass.

Now I'm thirsty!

Last edited:
thats an American "measurement", not an American "tape measure".

Whoever finds one of those gets my vote.

Now, on the other hand, I do have an American unit. Must I use IT to measure the steak?:shock:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/100%25-USA-Tape-Meausre-12/dp/B0068MKD24/ref=sr_1_2/187-4753592-7423250?ie=UTF8&qid=1425705790&sr=8-2&keywords=us+tape"]100% USA Tape Meausre 3/4" x 12' - Tape Measures - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517PdsmrmfL.@@AMEPARAM@@517PdsmrmfL[/ame]

What earns a contestant a dilly-bar and where did this tradition come from?
Dilly Bars are sold by Dairy Queen.

DQ is an abbreviation for Dairy Queen.

DQ is also an abbreviation for disqualification.

So, at some point...and maybe some of the members/mods that have been around longer than I have can clarify better, it became a more jovial way of handing out an unfortunate disqualification for not following the rules of the throwdowns with an entry, be it the TD general rules or TD special rules specified by the TD host for their called TD category.

What earns a contestant a dilly-bar and where did this tradition come from?
A disqualification, DQ, due to not following the rules. Dillybars come from Dairy Queen, DQ, it's just a comical way to lessen the impact

I believe the term DQ originated from the competitive bbq world, like KCBS. An example would be if an entry was turned in with a piece of aluminium foil stuck to the meat, your entry would be DQ'd or disqualified. The rationale for this is based on the rule that one cannot sculpt or in anyway present their entry, in such a way, that it is recognizable by the judges in a truly blind format.
The first one I saw here in the TD's was quite humorous.

Dilly Bars are sold by Dairy Queen.

DQ is an abbreviation for Dairy Queen.

DQ is also an abbreviation for disqualification.

So, at some point...and maybe some of the members/mods that have been around longer than I have can clarify better, it became a more jovial way of handing out an unfortunate disqualification for not following the rules of the throwdowns with an entry, be it the TD general rules or TD special rules specified by the TD host for their called TD category.

:doh: I seriously never made that connection. :laugh:

Back