Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL** "Noobians vs. Vets: Season 4!"** Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

_MG_9756_zpszht6ru7d.jpg

Absolutely beautiful... I could see this in a magazine spread. :clap:

I missed the inspired thread due to being Drunk.
( actualy I thought it was this week )
It would have been inspired by Shagdog and CaseyDog.

Please accept this as a Vet and thanks for having me

Our take on a Mexican feed.

Marinated the Flank for 24 hours then grilled.
Made a Salsa from what was fresh and Available
Nachos made using a blended Mexican cheese from Costco,Jalapeno etc etc.

Please use this as our polling picture.

Tasty and delicious.
Thanks for looking in.

Sonoran Hot Dog

A Vet Entry this be! Arrgh!

What apparently originated in Hermosillo Mexico shortly after WW2 eventually made its way north of the border. In Tucson there is a famous restaurant called El Gueo Calelo. Actually there are many of them and they’ve been featured on the Man vs. Food TV show. They have made the Sonoran style hot dog famous on this side of the border. The guy who owns them started it all with a hot dog cart on the corner and you can still get them from carts all over the South West and Mexico.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXaXy4aeJt4"]Man v. Food - Sonoran Dog in Tucson - YouTube[/ame]
Anyway, I’ve been wanting to try them and decided the Dog Days of Summer Throwdown was a good excuse to do so. So I got my ingredient together of simple hot dogs and bacon just like a cart would have and some Bodillo rolls. I wrapped the dogs and lite up a 1/2 chimney of lump and got my Weber Jumbo Joe going. I put on the dogs.

And their done.

Now I build the Sonoran Dog. I steamed the Bodillo rolls and cut them open trying not to cut the end all the way. Spread in some Mayo and place a 1/2 a Hatch Chile. Now the bacon wrapped dog, some Pinto beans and some Pico de Gallo.

Here they are plated with some Mexican Creama and a Chelada to drink.

Here’s the Money Shot below.

Muy Delicioso! :becky:

Thanks for looking.
[FONT=&quot]
The entire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3331417#post3331417[/FONT]

Most American Kobe Burger

This vet lets another volley fly at these pesky Noobian. Arrgh!

[FONT=&quot]I had placed an order a few weeks ago and SRF was giving a 1 lb. box (2 8 oz. patties) with any order over $99.00 so I thawed them out. (First time eating Kobe anything) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And the Money Shot.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was extremely messy but also extremely delicious. My wife and MIL shared one and I ate the other. My wife who says that the meat is her least favorite part of a hamburger. Normally when we order a hamburger out she will feed half of her meat to our dog Husker. Not this time. She loved it. [/FONT]

My First Submission in the Noobians Category

I cured and smoked 15 lbs of pork bellies and a pork loin for Canadian Bacon. The cure took 7 days and the smoke lasted 3 hours with hickory.
Please accept the picture below as my entry.

Canadian Bacon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 327
Back