Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL** "Noobians vs. Vets: Season 4!"** Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Please accept this as our humble entry #2 in the Vets vs Noobs Throwdown.

Again, it was awesome! Sure to make a pirate sing from the Crows Nest!

That looks delish! Also, the salsa in the yellow cup looks awesome! Was that homemade?

Noob Entry

Hey Noobs! Did you hear it? "Shiver me timbers" came from the other side! This one will definitely shake the main mast, and stir up the powder monkeys!

Our version of spicy pork carnitas, street tacos!

PrincessofQ and I started with a 5lb picnic, seasoned it up, and to the smoker it goes.

After 3 hrs of smoke, placed in a pot and added the rest of the ingredients. Then back to the smoker it goes.

Removed from the smoker and placed in a baking dish for browning, then back to the smoker!

And plated for our final product. Please except this as our third humble entry in the Noobs vs Vets Throwdown!

Entry Pic Below

This is definitely one of our favorite dishes and is guaranteed to get them scrambling in the galley!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick,

You are knocking it out of the park with the last two entries. Please post these in Qtalk so folks can see the goodness!

Vets Entry(s) Please

A couple of entrees for the vets:
Some hot wings off the Smokey Joe as my first entry;
nachos%20wings%20and%20ribs%20003_zpsascwyns7.jpg

I had some nachos with these, but they were not throwdown eligible, you can see them here if you are interested: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215571

And some Teriyaki steak, salmon and fried rice for entry #2;
Teriyaki%20Steak%20Salmon%20and%20Fried%20Rice%20025_zpsx6qs67b6.jpg

You can see the the full cook thread here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215576

Thanks for looking all!

KC

Last edited:
Sorry Moose!

Lol! That should be a good indicator of who the Noobies are. I can't edit my current posts so if you would like to put Noob entry on all of mine....

Also, I would like the final plated photo in each to be the one for judging.

Sorry! Guess that proves the noobiness.... :becky:

Sorry Moose!

Lol! That should be a good indicator of who the Noobies are. I can't edit my current posts so if you would like to put Noob entry on all of mine....

Also, I would like the final plated photo in each to be the one for judging.

Sorry! Guess that proves the noobiness.... :becky:

Done deal.

Back