Discussion Thread -> **Special**"National Pizza Month!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread)

Ninja, after further review...I see where you went wrong. Putting chicken on pizza is wrong, just so very wrong...:laugh:

Yeah, I'm somewhat of a pizza purist. :biggrin1:

Oh, and I like your pizza bowl idea. :wink:

Actually the Chicago pizza and oven grinder Co. Has pizza bowls, and they are delicious.
Haven't been there in years, but yes, they have some really good stuff over there.

"Conceived by the owner in his Chicago Law Office while Dreaming of "il gran giorno" when he would open his restaurant, the Pizza Pot Pie has become a favorite of world-wide pizza connoisseurs who have graced the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company since its inception in 1972.

The Pizza Pot Pie is an individual serving, "made from scratch" with triple-raised Sicilian bread-type dough; a homemade sauce consisting of olive oil, fresh garlic, onions, green peppers, whole plum tomatoes and a special blend of cheeses; sausage made from prime Boston butts; and doorknob-size, whole, fresh mushrooms."

trainn.jpg

Please accept this photo as submission #2 in the Pizza Month Throwdown.
Garlic sausage green chile jalapeño pizza. Cooked in the Primo with a very small chunk of hickory and smaller piece of mesquite. Pizza sauce was a home blend of of well drained Hatch Tomatoes and green chile blended with home made green chile sauce.

Build thread http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237831

Last edited:
Sunday was pizza night at Chez Anderson! And after encouragement from Moose, please accept this as my first ever official entry for a Brethren Throwdown!

First, smoked some garlic:

Done! Well, a little over done. I got distracted by the poor play of the Ravens today.:mmph:

My son's pie: BBQ sauce, mozzarella, red onion, banana peppers, and pineapple.

Onto the Blackstone:

Done, and topped with some fresh basil.

Our first pie: home made tomato sauce, smoked garlic, and fresh mozzarella:

Final pie: white pizza...fresh mozzarella, ricotta, and a little smoked garlic and olive oil.

Topped with some fresh basil; Please consider this photo my official entry for the contest.

My family and I are stuffed and happy.
:whoo:

Thanks for looking!

Bruce

Not my entry, just a little warm up for the TD.

Yeah, it's a Papa Murphy's thin crust take & bake...but it was still somewhat tasty. Hell, I even cooked it in my oven. :loco:

30322684595_5902918828_b.jpg

Back