Discussion Thread -> "Game Meats!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Most people have access to rock doves aka pigeons. More meat than mourning doves.

If I do, no one has told me about it :-D I can get game hens, but those are just itty bitty chickens and really not game :-D

Wild meat a problem? Just bait the road close to your house. Set in the comfort of your vehicle complete with heat and music and wait. Once your target is feeding, move in for the kill at high speed. No telling what you'll end up with. We call it Road Kill Surprise around here.

I know I can buy some game meat locally at the store. I'm just not sure about how "Wild" it is if they sell it at the grocery store. For instance, they have camel. Could I cook camel? Its outside of the normal meats, but its no doubt domesticated.. I would imagine their venison isn't wild either.

If you know of a deer processor close to you, you might find some there. They dont always sell meat but you never know. The only negative about this is you aint gonna get a nice doe. You'll probably wind up with a gamy buck

I didn't see Moose post about it, but we posted a clarification in the OP based on some discussion with Shenco and updated the title...hopefully this makes this TD more accessible for folks.

If I do, no one has told me about it :-D I can get game hens, but those are just itty bitty chickens and really not game :-D
Go here, you might get a head start.
pigeons_chicago_pigeon_106528_l.jpg

The deciding factor as to if the mammal or fowl is considered to be game is this: Is the animal hunted for sport or food?

Wait for it..............

I never have figured out how people shooting these out west eat them. Interested to see.
20120725__26tcadog1_500.jpg

Game fish?
Brown trout are biting in the South Holston River(TN). If I land a keeper would that be considered a qualified entry? If game fish are allowed. I know the post said mammal or fowl but just checking.

Last edited:
Well, bad news on my end. I keep all of my larger cuts of meat in a chest freezer in the basement and my packaged venison in my garage freezer. Just went out there to start thawing out some blackstrap and....red blood pooled on the bottom of the freezer . I'm guessing I didn't notice a smell because it's been so cold. The packages were soft to the touch, lost an entire deer. Guess I will be exploring other options if I want to enter this one.

Well, bad news on my end. I keep all of my larger cuts of meat in a chest freezer in the basement and my packaged venison in my garage freezer. Just went out there to start thawing out some blackstrap and....red blood pooled on the bottom of the freezer . I'm guessing I didn't notice a smell because it's been so cold. The packages were soft to the touch, lost an entire deer. Guess I will be exploring other options if I want to enter this one.

Sorry to hear. Losing a freezer full is a horrible experiance

That sucks! Sorry to hear that!

Back