THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Betty Boop is indeed porcelain. However, Mr. and Mrs. Frog are resin, which I believe would qualify as plastic.

frogs2_zps5315f3a7.jpg

Point of clarification! What constitutes "little" and is there a difference between statue and figurine?

I realize "little" can be relative.

Let's just say it must be a scaled down replica that is smaller than the full size, real life version of the item.

In the case of some deities, I suppose a 1:48 scale might still be larger than our solar system. Even though it is little.

A figurine can be a statue. But to be a "figurine" it must be little, otherwise it would be a "figure".

So, for this throwdown, anything on top of dough cooked on the BBQ is good? So long as it in some way reflects our heritage?
No required sauce or cheese? I'm just trying to define "pizza"

Oh yea, and a toy on top.

That is a good question.

Typically, some sort of cheese AND sauce would be required to be recognizable as "pizza".

However, a classic Margherita style pizza with olive oil, tomatoes and cheese would also be recognizable as "pizza".

So, what you present should be recognizable as pizza. A good failsafe would be to use sauce and cheese. But if you wanted to go the Margherita style route, even with new ingredients, I suppose you could but make it seem like you are creating a new kind of "pizza" and not just making some random dish and simply naming it "pizza".

We will use our best judgement when it comes to judging, but our decision will of course be final on any matter.

I ask because as far as I know, there is no "pizza" in Syria.
I am 1/4 Syrian.
I have an idea of a proper dish, but then again, I may be taking this way too seriously.

I think the heritage/culture part is being mis-interpreted. I took "unique to your culture" as something that your culture would not produce based on his addition of "it must not be a pizza you can order withing your own borders". Therefore, it does not need to be based on your culture/heritage, just something not readily available from nor considered as toppings by the local pizzarias.

Can we get a ruling?

I think the heritage/culture part is being mis-interpreted. I took "unique to your culture" as something that your culture would not produce based on his addition of "it must not be a pizza you can order withing your own borders". Therefore, it does not need to be based on your culture/heritage, just something not readily available from nor considered as toppings by the local pizzarias.

Can we get a ruling?

That's how I interpreted it as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not willing to dive into the mind of Bucc without some serious protection, so he'll have to clarify for us. :mrgreen:

Back