Discussion Thread -> "BACON!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

nah, just edit the post to say it is an entry... :thumb:

That's right, peeps. Even if he misses the time window to edit his post, he can let us know it's an entry and specify which picture he wants to use, and he's good to go.

Wow, Ron, excellent bacon entry. I bet that sammich was TASTY! :hungry:

Tell us more about the "Bog Beefsteak Tomatoes". I've not seen them out here, but they sure look good!

:biggrin1:

Tell us more about the "Bog Beefsteak Tomatoes". I've not seen them out here, but they sure look good!

It's been so rainy here that it is a special variety that only grows locally.

:becky:

I believe he meant "big".

Ok, I will be that guy. This is my official entry for the Bacon! throwdown. I call it : Bacon

As luck would have it, I had started curing a belly to make some bacon. I use Ruhlman's cure.

Me and my turtles fired up the wood smokehouse with some apple wood:

So lonely looking in there with only one belly.

Cooked to an IT of 150.

Please use the following as my official entry shot:

Nice Sammich Ron - love the bacon weave squares. I'm thinking drop the bread and just put the lettuce on the outside!

No. I don't see an Oklahoma Avatar, although, I did note that your cooker is named after a famous UT coach, Johnny Major...

...(s):mrgreen:

No. I don't see an Oklahoma Avatar, although, I did note that your cooker is named after a famous UT coach, Johnny Major...

...(s):mrgreen:

Tell you what. If I make an entry, then I'll delete my PMs. If not, you get an OKU avatar. Man. I hate this tablet. No smileys.
Ohhhhhhh......is THAT what OKU is?

I had already grabbed this one, since that is what you asked for...

v11_oku.jpg

...but due to your special language, the deal is null and void.

Back