Discussion Thread -> "BACON!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

I have some leftover ground bacon/ground pork mix -- and some eggs -- and that has breakfast written all over it. :heh:

CD
Oooooh....that sounds awesome...just please don't make it into a bacon/pork eggs benedict. It might re-open my wound! :sad: :becky:

Those are nostrils, not eyes. :crazy:

I made that burger just for fun, but it actually was very tasty. Nothing even remotely healthy about it, and I couldn't eat the whole thing. I have some leftover ground bacon/ground pork mix -- and some eggs -- and that has breakfast written all over it. :heh:

CD

I'm loving it! But my gallbladder officially hates you...

CD, No lie i was actually thinking about a bacon double bacon burger with cheese. Yours looks great!

serve a fried egg on it and you got a mean breakfast sandwich!

I really can't even think of an entry for this.

I expected this TD to set a record for entries. I am really surprised by this. I mean - it's BACON, is there a more versatile ingredient?

I actually have two other ideas that I like even better, but I'll have to save them for another day.

I expected this TD to set a record for entries. I am really surprised by this. I mean - it's BACON, is there a more versatile ingredient?

I actually have two other ideas that I like even better, but I'll have to save them for another day.

I would agree, however, there could be a slew of entries over the weekend. I'm hoping to get one in as well if time permits.

My official TD entry into this TD.

I made some chourico stuffed piri piri chicken today and it was the bomb or should I say grenade since it was stuffed with shrapnel. It went something like this.

Ingredients for the piri piri marinade.

piripiriplayers.jpg

I butterflied and smashed some boneless chicken breast before putting it in the marinade for about 4 hours.

marinate.jpg

For the shrapnel stuffing I used 1 stick of chourico, 1 jalapeno diced and 1/2 a red onion diced.

fillinglineup.jpg

shrapnel.jpg

Sweated the onions and jalapeno in EVOO then tossed in the chorico.

filling.jpg

All rolled up and ready to go on the WSM.

rolledup.jpg

:doh: Just double checked if there was any special rules I was missing, duh I forgot the BACON farking special rules. :tsk:

Ready.jpg

Problem solved :thumb: On the grill they went...

setgrill.jpg

While that was happening I cooked down some unused marinade with about 1/4 cup of bourbon.

sauce.jpg

And their done.

done.jpg

Plated Piri Piri Chicken Grenades. :becky:

money2.jpg

Thanks for lookin'.

Please accept this as an official entry into the Bacon TD.

Made some Bourbon, Belly and Bacon Figgy Jam and just had to make it with Roy Roger's " Double RR Bar Burger" theme. The thread to the Jam OP is here, http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3032927&postcount=1

Popped a half pound home ground beef patty on the gasser.

Let it cozzy up with a buttered pretzel roll.

Added the grilled Buckboard Bacon.

Topped that with some slices of Reblochon cheese. In the Middle-Ages, farmers in the mountains of Haute Savoie region of France used to pay their taxes with part of their milk production. They did not fully milk their cows so as to lower their level of production. Once the tax officers came to measure the milk produced and left, the farmers went back to milk the cows again. The milk they got was much richer and was used to make Reblochon! The FDA has banned the sale of this cheese in Merca due to the use of whole raw milk ( un-pasturized) in the production of this stellar cheese.

Topped with the Figgy belly bacon jam.

Official entry pic for polling.

Really very good intense flavor profiles. Try it you'll like it. :clap2:

Talk talk talk...
Perhaps, but let's see how confident you are in your assessment of me being all talk...

If I don't submit an entry, I'll make my avatar a Bama pic for one month.

If I do submit an entry, you will clean out your PM box completely.

Deal?

:becky:

Tell you what. If I make an entry, then I'll delete my PMs. If not, you get an OKU avatar. Man. I hate this tablet. No smileys.

Tell you what. If I make an entry, then I'll delete my PMs. If not, you get an OKU avatar. Man. I hate this tablet. No smileys.

You can add smileys by typing the text codes. Remove the spaces in the ones below...

: - D = :-D
: becky : = :becky:
: thumb: = :thumb:
: confused : = :confused:
: wacko : = :wacko:
: rolleyes: = :rolleyes:

and so on...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled TD entry thread :biggrin: :) biggrin :)

Originally Posted by Ron_L
Now...as to the next Throwdown...

"Bacon.

That's it!"

This is not turning out how I thought it was going to. I'm glad this time things are more open to creativity. I was expecting lots of pig belly slices cooked in different ways.

Originally Posted by Ron_L
Now...as to the next Throwdown...

"Bacon.

That's it!"

This is not turning out how I thought it was going to. I'm glad this time things are more open to creativity. I was expecting lots of pig belly slices cooked in different ways.

That's what you are seeing :becky: Pig belly slices cooked in different ways. And forms :-D

Well, IBD. Worked. I had tried it before. Tablet wanted to capitalize the first letter which caused a fail.

Well, IBD. Worked.

You doubted me? :loco: :) loco :)

If you look at the name of each smiley when you mouse over it and then take that names and put : on either side it should work for all of them. Of course, there is no mouse in a tablet :rolleyes: Also, the More Smiley's list shows the text code for each smiley.

The picture in any entry thread is not a "rule". It's just a fun picture that Moose chooses.

And if you read "that's it" as a rule, then you're reading way too much into it. :becky: There are no rules for this TD beyond the regular TD rules. Just cook use bacon in your dish or just cook bacon by itself. it doesn't matter. Use you imagination. That is specifically why I didn't include any "special rules" in the category description.

Back