Diem Kamado Find

seavandal

Found some matches.
[FONT=&quot]Howdy all. It's been a while since I posted so I thought I'd post a new find that I came across today and bought. It is a Diem Kamado. I have been looking for one for years but haven't found one until now. It is in pretty good shape. It needed a good scrape with a razor blade cleaning on the inside, and a little scrubbing on the outside. It is missing the original cap, but has an Imperial Kamado damper replacement that looks vintage. It is also missing the lower damper door. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have looked around for pictures of the bottom door cover but have only seen the cover from the outside. Apparently, there is a spring clip that holds the cover in place. I need to see the spring clip to make a new cover. I have included a picture of the door cover that I found on the net.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The charcoal fire box is sort of a metal deep dish with holes in it. It is lightly rusted but has lots of miles on it to go. The grate cleaned up nicely. The wagon has a Kinuurayaki Pottery label on it, so, maybe an upgrade when they bought the replacement damper top? The wagon seems to be in great shape with all the wheels working fine. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Overall, it’s a nice cooker with a slight crazing to the glaze finish. I decided to leave the years of patina on it. I did steel wool everything, wire brushed a few parts in the wagon and on the bands and metal parts. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think I'll give this Kamado a test drive this weekend with some chicken thighs. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am happy to have this one. I have two grey Kamado cookers that are cool but kind of ugly. This one is bright and cheery. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I do have 4 Sazco cookers: A yellow Sultan, a yellow Genie, a blue Genie, and a red Genie. This one fits right in with them. My wife, of course, doesn’t understand the need for another one![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I believe the Diem Kamado was the first Kamado that Richard Johnson made with Rhodesian mineral materials. It is probably made with the same materials as the Sazcos. Good quality stuff![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are a few pictures of the Diem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chris [/FONT]

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 149