Did I just mess up Easter????

Dadeo719

is one Smokin' Farker
So put a whole packer on the UDS at midnight last night. Checked internal temp and its at 203 and is probing pretty easily all over. A little more resistance in the flat. Drum sat at 260-275 the whole night. Here's the thing dinner not till 4pm. Was planning on it taking till bout noon then coolering but will I be ok this long? Thanks for the help guys.

I am watching this but I am not the one with an answer for ya. Someone will surely pop in and lend a hand. It is early yet.

my best guess would be to put the brisket in a pan, drop the drum to 150 and hold, spooning drippings over it about every hour or 2. that or oven at 150 if it will go that low

You think this over putting it in cooler?

if you wrap it and cooler it, it might get really mushy, idk. also from a food safety standpoint, 150 is the number you are looking for. i cooler for a couple hours all the time, but 9 or 10, nope.

that was just my best idea, i have never been in this situation so don't know for sure. best of luck and keep us updated.

It's 8:30 now and dinner is at 4:00. That's 7.5 hours away. I'd throw it in the cooler. But if you want, do as Supertramp suggested and stage it down in a warm oven for an hour or two then put it in the cooler.

after it has rested for a few hours..wrap it up neatly in foil and put it in the fridge. about 2 to 2 1/2 before serving take it out and let it sit for about 45 minutes .Keep it in the foil and reheat in the oven, smoker whatever around 250 to 300 keep a meat probe in it when it hits 130 to 150 pull it and serve. should be fine. Just in case it does get dry you may want to make some au ju to dip the slices in while carving.

my best guess would be to put the brisket in a pan, drop the drum to 150 and hold, spooning drippings over it about every hour or 2. that or oven at 150 if it will go that low

I really like this ^ thought. I've had pretty good luck "holding" in my RF by just letting the fire start to die out and using a small chunk of lump occasionally to keep it at that 140*-150* IT range then rest in a cooler for an hour before eating. I do wrap with butcher paper and my RF probably has a lot kore thermal mass that your UDS so it holds temp pretty good.

What Ace said. I had same issue couple weeks ago. Got done way early, wrapped it, coolered it an hour, fridged it 3hrs, warmed in oven and it still held together.

Good luck! Always remember UDS cooks faster because of the direct heat energy......also only probe the thickest part of the flat because nothing else matters.

Back