Dickies BBQ coming to town.

Not a fan. There is one right by my office and I have only eaten there once. I won't go back. I would rather have tacos from Jack in the Box than bbq from Dickies.

As most have already said...bbq fast food....I cant eat there anymore after cooking real bbq at home. They dont even know how to carve brisket, and remove the bark when they slice dry brisket.

The pulled pork is tolerable in a sandwich as its slathered in their sauce, or should I say syrup...

As most have already said...bbq fast food....I cant eat there anymore after cooking real bbq at home. They dont even know how to carve brisket, and remove the bark when they slice dry brisket.

The pulled pork is tolerable in a sandwich as its slathered in their sauce, or should I say syrup...

I think that you're on to something. After eating home Q it's hard to find any chain bbq joint that would compare. I'm sure there are some out there though.
In my area it's hard to find a good steak when eating out and I live in beef country.

Unfortunately I have to concur with all the above post. It is sad because it is not cheap to get in a franchise, but I have a hard time those around here will make it. My experience experience with Famous Dave's is actually quite good. Dickies is much further down that 2 notches

Unfortunately I have to concur with all the above post. It is sad because it is not cheap to get in a franchise, but I have a hard time those around here will make it. My experience experience with Famous Dave's is actually quite good. Dickies is much further down that 2 notches
I think the owner of the franchise here in our area in MN is from Mayer. See that Dickies van all the time, saw it this morning, must have hit a raccoon, front bumper was a mess on the lower half.

We have a Dickies BBQ coming to town. Have any of you brethren went to one before? I have seen the signs in other cities but never stopped. Do they use real pits to smoke the meat? The location they are moving to is right in downtown. No real room behind or in front to put a pit. Thanks for the info.
Yes I have I highly recommend walking directly to the Drink well For a Sweet tea then Grab some Jalapenos and finish off with the Soft serve ice cream.Tthe rest is not worth the price of admission. They opened one in Waco about 3 or 4 yrs ago It lasted 6 months. I went ONCE. Funny how a BBQ (I use this term Very loosely) Joint (on second thought I won't insult a Joint)..... Place can serve BBQ with out a Smoker or Wood piles:shock:

Several have been in DFW for Years..... I don't know how

I have lived in DFW for close to 30 years, and pretty sure they dont know good bbq if it hit them in the face. Only just within the last 2 years has any decent bbq from South Texas showed up around here. There are some, but highly unknown until they were mentioned in Texas Monthly.

Pecan Lodge, Lockhart Smokehouse, Rudy's, Hutchins, Hard Eight, 3 Stacks and Sonny Bryan's to name a few, are places I might go if its raining and really craving bbq

One has opened here in a strip mall. It's on the end. While going through the line I saw a big metal oven I think. No smoke coming from building and no BBQ smell upon entering. The beans were good. The chopped brisket was ok. The tater salad had OD'ed on dill. We've not been back since.

We have one getting ready to open in Colorado Springs, I don't spect it to last long. I'll give it a try only because it will be close to my house.

Out here in CA visiting daughter and to judge in Elk Grove in a couple of weeks. I've seen a few locations nearby but guess I will pass. Thanks for saving me from bad Q !

There is one nearby and my experience has been pretty much the same as most of the other replies...really dry and with no flavor. As a couple of others have mentioned, no smoke seen( or smelled) anywhere near the restaurant.

Back