DFW Brisket Sale 97 cents/lb Market Street

My story. A Brisket Tale.

Entered United and was immediately distracted to the Yellow Tags. Prime Filet 40% off. Passed. I'm good on steak. There was the High Plains version of the brisket sale. Select $4.99 on sale $2.97# discounted again to $1.97# with digital coupon.
Downloading app difficulty, go to customer service. 3 associates work for ten minutes to download app, clip digital coupon. Go to register and my 11# brisket rings up $49.00. regular$4.99$. attendants at self service look at phone, look at the register, delete and start over. Still $50. A manager was paged who overrode everything, weighed my 11# brisket at 7#. I advised the manager of the wrong weight. Smiled and said, we're good. So it took a minute but got an 11# brisket for under $15.

Ive begun visiting several other smoking grilling sites as my presence seems to upset a couple long term brethren. It's amazing the talk back and forth of select grade. I wouldn't buy that trash, dogfood, have fun trying to make it eat, don't serve it to anyone. It's the happy time of year and it showing out big time.

This is still the most intelligent smoking, grilling, life site I've found.
But fun looking around and reading the hate, some of its humorous, some of it quite mean.

Lurking

Last edited:
Great price Charles!
I was going to mention United's brisket sale at $1.97lb. Adams beat me to it. :laugh: I'm hoping to grab a couple for burger or Guam style brisket.

Adams... You're one of the reasons many of us come to this forum. We enjoy your posts!! I skip over the azzhat's posts and threads. Life is too short to bother with em. Hope you keep posting!

ok- cheap/ select brisket is probably better than no brisket. If you are not enticing hour long lines of people, you can probably make it work. Or just don't buy it /shrug.

Now that's out of the way.

@16adams Your presence here upsets some people? I find that hard to believe. I pop in some days just to catch a ride on your stream of consciousness. Don't stop being you...or you will end up being somebody else.

Thanks Charles, I better head south and get me some.
Which one did you go to that had the choice?

ok- cheap/ select brisket is probably better than no brisket. If you are not enticing hour long lines of people, you can probably make it work. Or just don't buy it /shrug.

Now that's out of the way.

@16adams Your presence here upsets some people? I find that hard to believe. I pop in some days just to catch a ride on your stream of consciousness. Don't stop being you...or you will end up being somebody else.

Thank you.

My story. A Brisket Tale.

Entered United and was immediately distracted to the Yellow Tags. Prime Filet 40% off. Passed. I'm good on steak. There was the High Plains version of the brisket sale. Select $4.99 on sale $2.97# discounted again to $1.97# with digital coupon.
Downloading app difficulty, go to customer service. 3 associates work for ten minutes to download app, clip digital coupon. Go to register and my 11# brisket rings up $49.00. regular$4.99$. attendants at self service look at phone, look at the register, delete and start over. Still $50. A manager was paged who overrode everything, weighed my 11# brisket at 7#. I advised the manager of the wrong weight. Smiled and said, we're good. So it took a minute but got an 11# brisket for under $15.

Ive begun visiting several other smoking grilling sites as my presence seems to upset a couple long term brethren. It's amazing the talk back and forth of select grade. I wouldn't buy that trash, dogfood, have fun trying to make it eat, don't serve it to anyone. It's the happy time of year and it showing out big time.

This is still the most intelligent smoking, grilling, life site I've found.
But fun looking around and reading the hate, some of its humorous, some of it quite mean.

Lurking

Adams- If you ever leave, at least let us know where you’ve went! I will blindly follow…….

^^^thsnks, I'm not going to leave the best site IMHO. Perhaps, slow my roll in Talk, perhaps ;-)

^^^thsnks, I'm not going to leave the best site IMHO. Perhaps, slow my roll in Talk, perhaps ;-)

I think you should keep up with your posts. As others have said, I enjoy your posts and look forward to them each day. Whenever you go silent for a few days I miss your posts and wonder if one the Azzhats (thanks Cowgirl) have gotten to you.

There are quite a few characters on this page that I look forward to reading their postings. I come here for the food, fun and products that folks buy that I don't really need, but purchase anyway. And I might learn something new along the way. Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. If you cut back on your posts that hurts the forum.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Robert

Back