Detroit style pizza

Umm, what does TF mean, and what do those numbers mean? And who gets four digits of accuracy when measuring in the kitchen?

seattlepitboss
Thickness factor of the pizza. For instance a NY tf is anywhere from 0.85 to 0.10
I just get the measurments to the nearest number on my scale.

I grew up up there, I never knew there was such a thing till about 3 maybe 4 years ago. I tell friends that still live there that a square is called Detroit Style in the rest of the country and they are like, really?
I always called square Sicilian until I found the pizza forum and read about Detroit style.

Thickness factor of the pizza. For instance a NY tf is anywhere from 0.85 to 0.10
I just get the measurments to the nearest number on my scale.

I always called square Sicilian until I found the pizza forum and read about Detroit style.

Technically, you were right. But if you wanna represent Motown style pizza, I'd say you're doing pretty good. If you get one at Buddy's though, the sauce goes on top of the cheese.

BTW Pizza Making.com is a great forum, I used to visit it a lot. that's actually where I heard of "Detroit Style".

Why do I keep looking at this. I am in Virginia, although that 8 corner Little Caesars has is pretty decent. And since Scherzer is asking 200 Million I should probably buy one.

Our two closest pizza joints are party stores. One of them also sells sporting goods, including archery equipment.

Thats how the store by my moms house in mid michigan.

One stop shop. Gas, beer, food, fishing license, barber in the back. The town sheriff is the tax accountant and taxidermist.

Why do I keep looking at this. I am in Virginia, although that 8 corner Little Caesars has is pretty decent. And since Scherzer is asking 200 Million I should probably buy one.

Little skeasers is anything but decent and Scherzer is over priced (200 mill for a 7 inning pitcher).

Save your money and hopefully the old man has to let him walk. Everybody wins.

Little skeasers is anything but decent and Scherzer is over priced (200 mill for a 7 inning pitcher).

Save your money and hopefully the old man has to let him walk. Everybody wins.

He won't get it but somebody will give him 165. and Illitch will match it. I mean they traded Porcello for another bat today, I mean the hell with the bullpen I guess, score more runs.

Sorry guys don't mean to get off track but Detroit, Pizza it eventually gets to the Tigers , Wings I'll stop.

Little Caesars is making real pizza now? It used to be worse than frozen.

I have a few Little C's aroud. For whatever reason the one closest makes the best pizza. When I get from the others it doesn't compare not sure why.

I do like Little C's deep dish.

I have a few Little C's aroud. For whatever reason the one closest makes the best pizza. When I get from the others it doesn't compare not sure why.

I do like Little C's deep dish.

Yeah I like it too, I mean I can't jump in my private jet and fly to Detroit for square pizza and coney dogs and you don't always have time to make it. Little Caesars did a good job on the deep dish. There's a Jet's here now but I haven't hit it yet. But not even a facsimile of a Coney island. :sad:

just for the record I really would not call Little Cesar's Detroit Style pizza. Their deep dish is decent enough

Their $5 Hot and ready trademark pizza is a good cheap pizza and is their staple

Now Buddy's on the other hand...now you are talkin!!!!

oh and Max wont be back.

Back