Dales Marinade

brdbbq said:
was Thinking it was Bill thta firts brought up Dale's which did wonders for my chicken. Now after reading about the Yoshida's I have another mission

I hear it doesn't take much to do wonders for your chicken BRD, and back on topic Mr. Racer I'm gonna start trading rub for sauce.

Just bought some Dales to try. Also bought two RibEyes

qman said:
Yes, I used to use all the time. I don't know why I stopped.
Be careful with it. It is very salty, and has a fair amount of MSG in it. It is basically soy sauce with sugar, MSG, ginger and paprika added.

It does make a good base for marinades and glazes. One of my favorite Bourbon steak formulas is 2 parts Dales, one part good bourbon, a little extra brown sugar. Marinate the steak an hour or so at room temp, then give it the BBQJoe cooking treatment. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just wondering how much of each i would need to marinade 2 RIbeyes?? have some JD and Dales. THanks for the help in advance

I marinade is ziplocks. Doesn't take a lot of marinade that way. Just enough to cover the steaks after you partialy seal the bag and force the air out, then seal all the way and turn occasionaly.

I have used Dales in moderation on everything at one time or another. A product thats been around as long as it has been has some use. Most frequently I cut it significantly with pineapple juice to marinate pork tenderloins. Note that it will stain the fark out of anything it touches.

tommykendall said:
Check Jorge's note in the Jerky thread too.

Yep, I used too much Dale's and probably too much other stuff. Starting from scratch mod next time.

About the only thing I ever really liked it on was grilled pork chops. I'd soak'em in the dales full strength for a couple hours and then throw'em on the grill. Tried it a couple times on steaks and it wasn't all that great to me.

Yea John it seems to partner a little easier with pork. I dont like it on beef other than as an ingredient to some other concoction.

Made beef kabobs today. Sirloin tips cubed to about 1.5". Did 3 pounds of beef along with a couple of sweet peppers and a couple onions. The quantities listed were a little shy so I'll adjust next time. The results were very good. Sweet flavor, from the Pepsi I would guess. After I put the beef and veggies on the skewers I boiled the marinade to kill the cooties and then thickened with corn starch. Brushed this on a few minutes before they were done and it gave them a nice shiny glaze. I'll definately do this one again, definately.

2 cans of Pepsi
1/2 cup of Dale's marinade http://www.dalesseasoning.com/
3 cubes of beef bouilion dissoved in 1 cup of boiling water. This added a nice beefy flavor.

I've marinaded a brisket overnight in Dales.

I thoroughly rinsed before throwing on the smoker.

That salt opened up a pretty tought piece of meat, so that the smoke ring was nearly 1" around.

I Use It In My Injection For Brisket. But Like The Guy's Said, Us Just Alittle At A Time It's Real Salty.

I just went to their website and saw they are advertising a new low sodium blend. Anybody out there try it yet? I haven't even seen it on the shelves here locally. I wonder how it compares to the original.

i use dales all the time for a 15 minute marinade on steak , but be very carefull not to leave it in to long or it will make your meat a salt lick!

Back