THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's the casters? :shock:

Casters?

We don't need no stinking casters:heh:

2015-09-10%2014.23.10_zpsp9poccab.jpg

We got 6 inch diameter, 2 inch tread width 5 spoke steel machine tool wheels with bearings & grease fittings and high temp grease sitting on a 1/2 inch axle. With the "T handle built into the hinge you just rock it back and move it like a moving dolly:thumb:

Finished the paint, 3 coats of high temp black. Brought in the A-Team; Kyle did a great job, looks really nice. Pictures later.

i guess if it's loaded with food and you want to move it you lift and pull by the wings? not sure you want to lean it back and roll it around in that situation. just something to think about.

i guess if it's loaded with food and you want to move it you lift and pull by the wings? not sure you want to lean it back and roll it around in that situation. just something to think about.

who moves their cooker around when its cooking food? r u towing your shirley around town while its cooking? ur a nut!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

who moves their cooker around when its cooking food? r u towing your shirley around town while its cooking? ur a nut!:crazy::crazy::crazy:
I move my UDS around, you have to get it in just the right place, relative to the earth's centroid. Otherwise the covalent heat factors affect doneness and flavor profiles. :thumb:

I have moved my cabinet and otg while cooking. Cabinet has 4 casters, otg has a handle to lift just enough to move around. I did move the Shirley once but by hand not with the truck. It was in the way of getting my riding mower to the front yard.

I don't see a problem moving it if necessary with meat on the main grate or on the rotisserie, neither is going anywhere. Now, if you are warming a tray of beans, probably not a great idea to move it around much:becky:

Painted and re-assembled

The paint really turned out great, and just enough bling in the cool touch spring handles to have a neat contrast.

2015-09-21%2015.16.47_zpsurytvxgl.jpg

2015-09-21%2015.16.10_zpsb93yckzg.jpg

Just need the thermometer mount tomorrow and onto the trailer for delivery.

PS: the blue painters tape comes off the wheels so I can install a self adhesive tread tape.

Back