Crepes on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Experimentation with the Blackstone continued this morning. What's on the menu? Crepes!

I made up the crepe batter based on the King Arthur Flour recipe, which is very similar to the one on the Blackstone site. They recommend letting it rest for about an hour, which was a good thing since I went to fire up the griddle and nothing. Darn, I was out of propane. Headed out to the closest, open propane dealer (U-Haul) and found out my tank had expired and couldn't be filled. With a new tank in hand and filled with propane I was all set to griddle.

I melted some butter in a small cast iron pot made just for that purpose and kept it in a corner of the grill, applying the butter with a silicone brush. The first pair of crepes on the grill -

Flipped after a few minutes, looking decent -

Two at a time was about all I could muster, these next two get a sprinkle of cinnamon -

A pic showing the crepe spreader in use (kinda hard to spread a crepe and take a picture at the same time). It worked out well -

I'm getting the hang of this -

And they're looking better and better -

The Wilton offset cake spatula came in handy for flipping them and worked out nicely -

OK, enough griddle pictures. Some plated pics!

One with Maple Syrup, strawberries and powdered sugar -

And one final pic for good measure -

That's it! A great Sunday morning breakfast. The recipe turned out 10 crepes. This is my first time making crepes and I was amazed at how simple they were to make. If you have a Blackstone griddle (or even a large non-stick pan), give these a try. They were a lot of fun!

I can envision serving these with turkey, ham, cheese, pulled pork, etc. for a multitude of variations.

As always, thanks for checking out this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Dude. That was MY bucket list item. Glad you pulled it off and made it look easy. Maybe I’ll try next!

I do love crepes and yours look amazing, however I hate making them so next time I'm in Massachusetts I know where to go...:biggrin1:

Back