Crawfish cook

Andrew,

Food looks good. Love it all, especially those grilled oysters. Folks don't know what they are missing if they have never had chargrilled oysters.

We did a 35 pound sack last weekend. And we just picked up one of these crawfish washers. I've been looking at them for several years, but just couldn't/wouldn't pull the trigger until a friend of my posted pictures using the one he bought. He gave it a glowing endorsement because he said it allowed him to not have to attend to washing and gave him time to do other things in prep for the boil. He described it as an expensive bucket that works. So we bought one and the things just works.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cowboys-wild-crawfish-washer

No affiliation, just passing it on.

Robert

Thank you! And yeah I'm probably going to either make or buy a crawfish washer similar to the one you linked. It'll definitely make the washing process easier.

Never had a crawfish in my life, but looks great. We have lowcountry boil (frogmore stew, several other names) down here and it's really similar it has shrimp instead of crawfish and I know it's delicious. I know nothing about the etoufee stuff but it looks good.

Yeah its very similar to a low country boil. Matter of fact, Im pretty sure my cooker brand is short for Low Counrty (LoCo) as its headquartered in Georgia. You should try it sometime. As far as Etouffee goes, just look up a recipe online or Youtube, that'll get you close. Or I can give you mine but its pretty basic. Good! but basic.
:becky:

Very impressive! I'm curious as to which grill you used for the Oysters.

Thanks Bob! I was planning to use the kettle, but ended up just using the Gasser. I became too invested in the Etouffee that I forgot about the oysters....:loco: So, I needed to get the grill going in a hurry. I didnt mind too much because most restaurants use gas grills anyway. The butter mixture falling on the flames creates a good flame up which gives them a good flavor.

Andrew that looks awesome! I always wanted to do one of those boils.

Anyone have any suggestions on sourcing crawfish like this for North Jersey?

Man, I wish I could help but I really dont know. You'd need to get them shipped to you pretty quick. I think they only last about 4 days in the sack like that and they gotta be kept cold. I'd check with a local Seafood Markets close to you and see if they can get them somewhere for you. That's what I did here in OKC. Of course getting crawfish from Louisiana to Oklahoma is a lot easier than New Jersey. :becky:

Awesome! I did up some (small amount) crawfish last summer as an experiment. They were okay, but a little bland. Must have been too light on the seasoning.

One of my great regrets in life was being on a job site with a bunch of Cajuns 10 or 12 years ago and showed up the day after their crawfish boil. The dumpster reeked something terrible the next day in the hot sun!

Thanks!

Yeah the trash will smell like **** (actually worse than that) especially when its all been baked in the sun. I usually double bag everything going in the trash. :mrgreen:

What happened to the invite bro? Looks out of this world good Andrew. I'm a oyster fanatic usually raw but I'd hit those hard.

What happened to the invite bro? Looks out of this world good Andrew. I'm a oyster fanatic usually raw but I'd hit those hard.

Lol, I'll get you on the next one! Actually, I'm gonna try and make it to the N. Louisiana Bash as my mom lives in Shreveport. If I can make it I will try and get some crawfish going there.

I like raw oysters too, but lately Ive been on a grilled oyster kick!

Lol, I'll get you on the next one! Actually, I'm gonna try and make it to the N. Louisiana Bash as my mom lives in Shreveport. If I can make it I will try and get some crawfish going there.

I like raw oysters too, but lately Ive been on a grilled oyster kick!

Come on down transplanted Boomer Sooner! I can see why with your boys. I got the mudbugs! Let me know. :thumb:

Back