Crawfish cook

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Andrew
Hey guys, I used my new LoCo crawfish kit a couple weeks ago and it worked out great! I did 30lbs for a group of people who've never eaten crawfish before. They put a pretty good dent in them but I still had enough left over to make some Crawfish Etouffee the next weekend. To go with the Etouffee I decided to try and replicate some grilled Oysters I had at a favorite restaurant of mine. For the oysters I melted some butter with white wine, diced mushrooms, lemon juice, a little worcestershire sauce and some (a lot of!) minced garlic. When the oysters were put in the grill, I spooned several spoons full of the mixture over them until the oysters were about done, then I topped with a crawfish tail and some grated parmesan cheese. Delicious! Sorry it took so long to post but here are a few pictures.

The sack! These were some great crawfish. I think I only had about 10 dead ones and I was able to get them all removed prior to the boil.
7jgpg0P.jpg

Crawfish getting all cleaned up!
XlCAtay.jpg

They're cooking!
rekBoy0.jpg

Just turned off the heat, now for a 20 min soak! I had a tad bit too much water but next time it'll be perfect!
MHHA073.jpg

The spread! (Boooomer!)
hlsuqi7.jpg

Etouffee! I wish I had gotten more pics. This one doesn't do it justice but you'll get the idea.
ZZMjmzw.jpg

And the Oysters!
8qVzKzZ.jpg

Not bad for my first oyster grill! Man were they good!! :becky:
FJ7nZ3n.jpg

Last edited:
Andrew,

Food looks good. Love it all, especially those grilled oysters. Folks don't know what they are missing if they have never had chargrilled oysters.

We did a 35 pound sack last weekend. And we just picked up one of these crawfish washers. I've been looking at them for several years, but just couldn't/wouldn't pull the trigger until a friend of my posted pictures using the one he bought. He gave it a glowing endorsement because he said it allowed him to not have to attend to washing and gave him time to do other things in prep for the boil. He described it as an expensive bucket that works. So we bought one and the things just works.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cowboys-wild-crawfish-washer

No affiliation, just passing it on.

Robert

Never had a crawfish in my life, but looks great. We have lowcountry boil (frogmore stew, several other names) down here and it's really similar it has shrimp instead of crawfish and I know it's delicious. I know nothing about the etoufee stuff but it looks good.

Andrew that looks awesome! I always wanted to do one of those boils.

Anyone have any suggestions on sourcing crawfish like this for North Jersey?

Awesome! I did up some (small amount) crawfish last summer as an experiment. They were okay, but a little bland. Must have been too light on the seasoning.

One of my great regrets in life was being on a job site with a bunch of Cajuns 10 or 12 years ago and showed up the day after their crawfish boil. The dumpster reeked something terrible the next day in the hot sun!

Back