THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Think about it. Those yellow bags over gas pumps saying out of service. Then think 4.59 gallon regular unleaded. You're going to buy the gas as long as it's available.

Now think ribs and how 6$ racks have gone to $20 racks. I can entertain myself cooking other meats, and honestly I'd rather cook spares. However today on a store run for canned chili on recommendation of brethren Mike in Roseville I wandered by the meat bins. Bargain bin was full of beef but so are my freezers, somewhat.

Then I spied baby back ribs BOGO. Most were 18-19$ per rack. So two racks came to $9.25 each after BOGO price. But at least they're available.

Beer on sale too.

Cost versus Availability
Just hold your nose and pay up

Last edited:
Wish I could demand the supply be cheaper.

I check the yellow tag bins and am often disappointed. Either I get there after someone cleans out the good stuff or what's in there is still there because it's "not a deal- it's just old"

But I keep looking.

Wish I could demand the supply be cheaper.

I check the yellow tag bins and am often disappointed. Either I get there after someone cleans out the good stuff or what's in there is still there because it's "not a deal- it's just old"

But I keep looking.

Yesterday at a Nearby United the bin had nice looking NY Strip, round steak, Giant Beef Ribs at 15$ each. There was also boneless beef ribs that make great ground beef. Everything was still high dollar, looked perfect but still passed.

I've seen really weird conduct at bargain bins. One lady I've seen several times at the same store empty every item into her cart then go up an aisle to look things over away from anyone else. She then puts everything back she doesn't want. Ive seen holes punched in shrink wrap guessing so people can stick their schnoz in there and smell.

I try not to stock up at bargain Bin, not freeze it but use it quickly. And 99% of time only buy beef- not lamb chicken nor pork. That's personal preference on my part.

Good thoughts, there. I'm bad at a big box store of picking up an "impulse item" and walking thru the store -eventually deciding against it and putting back exactly where I got it from. I would never do that with meat- of any kind- but I have seen meat just left on a random shelf in the store when someone changes their mind.

Chicken is (still?) cheap enough that I don't check the bin for it- ditto for most pork-at least here in DFW.

We don't eat tons of beef- so it's bought on sale or not at all. The stuff in the bins seems to be on the more expensive side and then marked to a bin price that's still high enough for me to leave it lay.

Back