THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That was a lot of food! You are a great friend! Hopefully you get paid with a litle fresh meat or your favorite beverage and lots of gratification.

When he asked me, I had to decline because I didn't have any cooker that could handle that much food. A couple hours later I saw a brethren post up this Shirley Fabrication trailer that needed some rehab lovin'. It all worked out and I was able to snag it from him and get it restored to its former glory, so I was able to do it after all. I kinda thank him for giving me the excuse to take on that project. :becky:

That's very impressive that you were able to manage all of that meat and finish them all perfectly.
You have skills!
JD

I cut my teeth on something like this several years ago when my brother got married and we did the meat for his wedding on my old Shirley. That was a slightly larger cook at 8-9 briskets and around 12 butts I think, so in this instance I at least knew what I was in for.

Cooking the food is the easy part - procuring, prepping, safely storing, processing, and safely storing again is no small task either.

Last edited:
Back