BBQ Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I realize I posted a meatloaf a few weeks back, but there is always room for more meatloaf. This one is a combo of beef and pork with diced peppers, minced garlic, eggs, bread crumbs, Sweet Baby Ray's and Worcestershire. Bovine Bold sprinkled on for good measure -

mxAbEuY.jpg

Out on the Goldens', indirect with temps around 375F. When the internal temp reached around 115, I glazed it with more Sweet Baby Ray's. Final temp I was targeting was 165+ -

XnHfXqu.jpg

Resting -

HAc8LGd.jpg

Dinner is served with Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and homemade Mushroom Gravy -

TYKo0Bu.jpg

YRXjKm9.jpg

Definitely comfort food. You can't beat meatloaf, mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes!

Thanks for checking in on tonite's dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

I never get tired of meatloaf, so post them any time you get the urge to cook them. That is a fantastic looking plate!

I'm betting Jeanie cooked that for you....
Ed

Jeanne was in charge of the mashed potatoes. :-D Those are her domain. I had fun with the meatloaf and especially the mushroom gravy, which I've never made before. Not sure why, it was simple to do. You CAN teach an old dog...

One of my favs fer sure,,,,,
When I smoke up a meatloaf I will mix in some cheese curds on occasion for a lil cheesy blast,,

Whatcha have for lunch today? I'd be having a meatloaf sammich. Soak some dried mushrooms, chop and add to the gravy for an extra hit of mushroom flavor.

Looks great as always.

Whatcha have for lunch today? I'd be having a meatloaf sammich. Soak some dried mushrooms, chop and add to the gravy for an extra hit of mushroom flavor.

Looks great as always.

Skipped lunch today, but...

Dinner tonight was leftovers, darn good leftovers. I know a lot of folks scoff at the thought of leftovers, but not in my immediate family and most likely not a majority of brethren, I'd guess. :-D

I don't know what it is about meatloaf, it's simply one of the ultimate comfort foods.

Lunch tomorrow Andy is : meatloaf!!

Back