THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
Landarc suggested this in another thread. Do you have a favorite coffee that you would like me to roast? Or is there something that you'd like to try? Just let me know and I will watch for it. No promises, but I will try and find a good coffee that won't break the bank.

BTW, serious requests only. Don't request cat chit coffee (called Kopi Luwak, and yes, I can get it at any time) just to be funny.

serious question.... are you referring to what i've heard called civet coffee?

Last edited:
Just keep pumpin' me full of the good stuff Ron. I trust ya.:thumb: I was quite fond of some Kenya AA about 3 or 4 years back that my MIL would get me from some local shop, but not even that was as good as what I've been drinking lately, so I hesitate to bring it up, but since you asked.

The aforementioned PNG would be great. If you can get a good quality Yemen Mocha and some tasty Java for a blend, that would be nice. You know, something with a good strong chocolate undertone and nuts and citrus on the top note.

sweet. if you ever get any of that to sell, i'll want in!

I can order it. Right now it is around $100/lb!!! :shocked:

Some Guatemala Antigua (pure) would be nice too in addition to the Costa Rican already underway.

I have some Guat Huehuetenango right now that I have been using in blends. Once that is gone I can look for a nice Antigua.

I can order it. Right now it is around $100/lb!!! :shocked:

I have some Guat Huehuetenango right now that I have been using in blends. Once that is gone I can look for a nice Antigua.

i'll be taking you up on that in the near future. i'll let you know.

Just keep pumpin' me full of the good stuff Ron. I trust ya.:thumb: I was quite fond of some Kenya AA about 3 or 4 years back that my MIL would get me from some local shop, but not even that was as good as what I've been drinking lately, so I hesitate to bring it up, but since you asked.

I have 15 lbs of a very nice Kenya that I'll roast in a few weeks. It will be $15/bag since the green was more expensive.

I am not suggesting you run out and buy it Ron, but, have you seen Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Peaberry out there? Did you guys cup it at all?

I am not suggesting you run out and buy it Ron, but, have you seen Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Peaberry out there? Did you guys cup it at all?

I have a nice Yirg, but not peaberry. I'll keep an eye out, but the PB is harder to find.

This is probably sacrilege but how about a decaf?
Is there such a thing as a good decaffeinated coffee?

I ask because I am on Doctor's orders to eliminate caffeine.
My last hurrah of caffeinated was a nice Panamanian Geisha and the decaf beans since have failed miserably.

This is probably sacrilege but how about a decaf?
Is there such a thing as a good decaffeinated coffee?

I ask because I am on Doctor's orders to eliminate caffeine.
My last hurrah of caffeinated was a nice Panamanian Geisha and the decaf beans since have failed miserably.

Not sacrilege. i just don't get much call for decaf. i have a few pounds of a water process Ethiopian Sidamo but it's been a while since I roasted it. I'll try a test roast over the weekend if i have time so see how it tastes.

Back