(CLOSED, SEE NEW THREAD) BBQ Brethren Masters - Cut #2 - Spareribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who does not participate in the TD's much but is always watching, I love the idea of the master's TD's. I plan on entering, and I feel having the title of "master" is damn cool. In fact with tri tip coming up I hope the California brethren bring the title home!

I don't really have a lot of opinions on HOW it should be facilitated. As creator of the challenge, I leave that to bigabyte.......Mr. Big.:becky:

I want to echo that. I don't want Chris feeling overwhelmed trying to please everyone. I have opinions, but they aren't really strong either way. So, Chris do what you want and I'll fall in line. :thumb:

I want to echo that. I don't want Chris feeling overwhelmed trying to please everyone. I have opinions, but they aren't really strong either way. So, Chris do what you want and I'll fall in line. :thumb:
That's not the way it is. I'm just trying to get input to make them as fun for all as they can be.

There were some good ideas here.

Guess I'll put i n my .02 now. I have always taken the throwdowns seriously. They make me think about doing something different with a dish. And they are always fun, serious fun.

I've not come even close to a win but I still enter because it's fun.

This Master TD looks more serious because it's just about the meat. Still fun no matter how it works.

The thing that really gets under my skin is when the voters ignore what the category is.

I will continue to enter as many as I can because they are FUN to do.

Now reading this back, I have no idea of what I said, so if one or two of you could get back to me and give me a clue it would be appreciated. :crazy:

I really wanted to do this last weekend, but I was pretty busy and we had some rain as well. I've got a rack of ribs in the freezer from a 2 for 1 sale at Safeway a couple of weeks ago and I intend to do them this weekend.

If this gets reopened or extended, expect an entry from me. If this one is over, I am still going to post it here.

Roger

How about leaving the throwdown open for the time being in any case? I think the object is to maximize entries and we'd get more this way. :wink: Some people seem to have some racks waiting for the word.

How about leaving the throwdown open for the time being in any case? I think the object is to maximize entries and we'd get more this way. :wink: Some people seem to have some racks waiting for the word.
Well, if I did that, then I'm sure someone would miss it because there wasn't a new thread about it.:becky:

I'll post the new thread tomorrow, and will let it run until the first Monday AFTER the 10th entry is submitted. Landarc's ribs can still count towards this one unless he submits an alternate to replace them.

Not even sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but...

I'll throw my hat in the ring, and would be proud to be inducted into the "zero club", they tasted great but my camera sucks. Cooked on 3-12, spares, a St Louis rack and a fatty, but I promise last pic is of the spares.

Trimmed up and dusted with Puch Ya Daddy rib rub that a friend of mine gave me. Pretty good if used lightly, otherwise they get too salty.
DSC01528.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

Pulled the fatty and foiled at 2.5 hours
DSC01533.jpg

Hour and a half in the foil then sauced and back in for about an hour.
DSC01541.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

This is by far the worst pic, so use whatever you would like for the entry, if I can enter, or if I even did this right.
DSC01546.jpg

wow, i must have missed this. i cooked my first spares over the weekend. used simply marvelous season all and cherry on one and season all and sweet and spicy on the other. i sauced half of each rack with blues hog....

d88c76bc.jpg

b80ae7b9.jpg

0821aaf4.jpg

3af9e92e.jpg

aa002b0d.jpg

Sorry fellas....this is the wrong place. I will close this thread. Here is the new thread.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102504

Please note that with the exception of landarc, who was the only person who made the effort to post spareribs in the timeline of THIS thread (note the dates in the opening post), all ribs entered in the NEW thread must be cooked during the timeline posted in the new thread. I am still allowing landarc's to count since he did officially enter, but had no competition.

So, sadly, since these ribs were not cooked within the timelines of either of these threads I can not accept them. If you do cook some more ribs between now and when the new thread wraps up, please feel free to share and participate. I hate to do it...but people had their chance to enter in this thread, and now a new one is open at the request of many others who wanted to see these continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back