THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
To me chili is a 24/7/365 food group. I like all varieties, heat level, beans no beans, tomato no tomato,beer, stock, suet,coffee etc etc. I don't do Cincy Chilyvery often mainly because I seldom eat pasta. Nothing to do with the meat sauce. Has anyone ER used the Cincinnati Chili with Fritos? As a slopper topper? American Goulash elbows?

https://www.foodandwine.com/travel/...acebook.com&utm_term=6262c6928b37e50001f22d65

I love it but there's no place around here to buy it fresh made, I do buy it in the super market frozen and you can get it with spaghetti or not, a baked potato is really good with it poured over it. Nearest place is 100+ miles from me, been known to drive farther for less, das prices have decreased my travels . also they have cans and that's what I buy to use when pasta aint involved

I don’t think it needs an explanation or
justification. It is what it is - a local variety of something. If you don’t like it don’t eat it.

I put “chili” in the same category as things like “wine”, “bbq sauce” or “beer”. The variations and riffs are what make it interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think it needs an explanation or
justification. It is what it is - a local variety of something. If you don’t like it don’t eat it.

I put “chili” in the same category as things like “wine”, “bbq sauce” or “beer”. The variations and riffs are what make it interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your outrage is duly noted. Reckon we can all quit the site and do something else. Just searching for ways other than spaghetti to enjoy.
Food no longer needs to be discussed.

Specifically to your question...how about rice noodles, edamame pasta, or some type of bread? Fritos would probably work also. Something has to be pretty bad to ruin Fritos if you are a fan.

Unsolicited comment, not germane to OP but in contribution to site participation:
From the article..."I try not to take it personally, but I do. An ugly baby is still someone's kid." .....but the baby is still ugly :-D

Chili is not 24/7 for me. I like it but only eat it once in a while. I made Cincinnati style quite a few years ago and thought it was good. I am not a huge pasta fan so yes, gimme fritos or tortilla chips or rice. Back then it was just with tortilla chips and onion. I had plenty of opportunities to try the 2 way thing growing up because my mom liked steak n shake but I never wanted it much back then either.

Cincy chili goes on all kinds of things. It makes a great chili cheese burrito, with or without onions. I like with. Put it over a hot dog with mustard, onions and a pile of cheese. Eat it in a bowl with black beans cooked in it. There's a recipe for Skyline dip that is really great at parties and will go quickly. It would make a great walking taco or frito pie.

I pretty well grew up on Skyline Chili - completely addicted. Really, if you are looking to go outside the traditional spaghetti, put it on any type of starch. Potatoes, spinach spaghetti, spaghetti squash, rice, or a straight up bowl of chili with some sour cream. Mikhail mentioned a dip where you put it on a brick of cream cheese and serve with scoops style chips. No, it's not Texas chili, but, it never said it was. Enjoy!

I love it. No one said it has to be served with spaghetti, beans, etc. You can go into any Skyline and order a plain bowl of chili. That's my favorite. When I make it homemade I double the meat so it's nice and chunky. I like lots of chopped onions and cheese. No wrong way really.

Your outrage is duly noted. Reckon we can all quit the site and do something else. Just searching for ways other than spaghetti to enjoy.
Food no longer needs to be discussed.

if you got "outrage" out of his post you probably need to look at yourself.

To me chili is a 24/7/365 food group. I like all varieties, heat level, beans no beans, tomato no tomato,beer, stock, suet,coffee etc etc. I don't do Cincy Chilyvery often mainly because I seldom eat pasta. Nothing to do with the meat sauce. Has anyone ER used the Cincinnati Chili with Fritos? As a slopper topper? American Goulash elbows?

https://www.foodandwine.com/travel/...acebook.com&utm_term=6262c6928b37e50001f22d65

I've not tasted Cincinnati Chili. The pasta part doesn't appeal to me. Who knows, I might really love it!!
I'd go with the Fritos though.

Last edited:
While I don't think it's Cincinnati style, Steak and Shake serves chili 5-way, which is basically how they do it in Cincy as far as I know. I'm pretty fond of SnS's version.

I've always been scared to make my own Cincy chili cause I'm not a fan of cinnamon and all spice, which you see in the recipes. I might have to take one for the team and try my hand. Sounds pretty good to me!

Years ago I ordered the Dry Seasoning Packets of Skyline on Amazon. I think that there were six packets. Best I remember ate 4 tossed two due to expire date. We enjoyed it with spaghetti, cheese onion. We thought it was good, just something we never repeated. I have a couple dedicated Chili Books and it's mentioned.

Speaking of Chili. I was in Lubbock TX recently and there is a grocery store with a Texas Top 10 QJoint inside. They had frozen bags of their brisket chili so dropped 40$ on a couple of bags. Seems pricy, but figuring time and ingredients for brisket chili not bad.

Love the food memories that this thread brought up...

You once drove me to try Cincinnati Chili... and we loved it.

It was good over noodles.
It was excellent over tube steak.
It even worked in a crazy random chili dog quesadilla!

I've been thinking of whipping up a batch as of late. Maybe this'll push me over the edge.

Back