THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas week.

Christmas eve dinner was double smoked ham and cornish hens

DJz5ZWuh.jpg

The cornish hens

wyNSr3Fh.jpg

On the PBJ

xnHvtH1h.jpg

Redhead and PBJ rocking together :rockon:

W2an9wuh.jpg

Black truffle mashed taters

qQ1hwY5h.jpg

Glazed the ham

zKzVUoVh.jpg

Time to eat :clap2:

MbQ7KEPh.jpg

My plate

PbZBKEYh.jpg

Christmas day was at my buddy's place. We get together annually going on 5 years so it's officially a tradition now :thumb:

ELI4v8fh.jpg

The horses celebrated too with some carrots and beer :laugh:

QfUluCdh.jpg

This abandoned place is caving in more and more each year

x5SeBsNh.jpg

:twitch:

QImxVuOh.jpg

Then we headed out to our annual hiking spot

w3EcbHhh.jpg

We hike a good 2 hours to this mount and back another 2

Kdqt0ayh.jpg

PxeqsNDh.jpg

vATNCvfh.jpg

This is the turn around point

78JFr8nh.jpg

After the hike we worked up an appetite so everyone whipped something up. I decided on picanha and tri tip. Tailgating at it's best :becky:

e9HSIWAh.jpg

6AC4jQxh.jpg

Took the PBJ along

lzil7E6h.jpg

Nothing to do but have a beer or "two" until the meat was done

TDxlUtfh.jpg

Picanha

UFCoSpdh.jpg

Pulled the tri tip next

lkfvIm4h.jpg

Very shortly after we ate the storm hit hard so we hopped in our rides and hauled our arses down. We got out just in time because literally about a 1/2 hour later they closed I5 in both directions for dang near two days. We made it out just in time

dUSsFDah.jpg

Day after I wanted to switch things up so I walked into my local supermarket and came across some cool yellow tags :grin:

pbAKne6h.jpg

eDulzekh.jpg

Hadn't done some hard shell tacos in a while so I said fark it

Onion

eZaAZg0h.jpg

Bison and slider beef patties

tsXDfyHh.jpg

Brought this back from my TX trip :becky:

fKKFESqh.jpg

Refried beans

cmbqnBrh.jpg

Infused with San Luis hot sauce

t3h8jjjh.jpg

Warmed up some corn shells

CApflZWh.jpg

Meat

LCpM1qIh.jpg

Tomatoes, cheese

xNNbaysh.jpg

Lettuce, sour cream, some guac I quickly whipped up and a cold cerveza

AVSTK68h.jpg

Now that's a hard shell taco. A nice break from all the holiday food

WseorDEh.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed and is enjoying their Christmas and upcoming New Year! Cheers brethren!

Stunning, all of it.
Picture with the Horses, a sign says Vehicle code enforced.
What does that mean?

Thanks Titch!

Just means that the road is private and is held open for traffic to cross through and connect to public roads so by using the private road vehicular codes apply on that private stretch. Don't know the true legality or the extent they can take that in court but they way I see it gives the sheriff the right to nail your arse if you misbehave on that private stretch.

Technically a private road can't block acces to public roads (which some property owners do) even though you have to pass through their property otherwise you can't go further. We have in the past went though a locked gate because they can't block the road which is theirs but it connects to public land and is the only way to cross through. If I make sense. Basically it's sort of like "Get off my lawn" and property owners want you to behave when you pass through. Mutual respect and no one has any issues with each other. Only a few that fark it up so really it's for those people.

Merry Christmas Sako!

Awesome post Brother, thanks for sharing the Holiday with us!

To say that you have been busy is an understatement. It looks like you had a great stretch of holidays and good to see that you were well nourished. Your cooks always look great and I am happy to see that you shared it with good people and great scenery. Here's to 2020 and more of the same!

Amazing scenery and food. Looks like an incredible holiday feast.

First time skiing in Colorado in college we left out ahead of a storm and listened to them closing passes we had driven thru earlier. Needless to say, us Texans hauled arse back to flatter ground.

Totally awesome food and beautiful pictures of your off-road adventure.

I wasn't hungry until I viewed your post, you sure have a way with great food.

Thanks for sharing Sako....

Great pics Sako, thanks for sharing. And as always the food looks delicious.

Back