THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BuffettFan

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Terry
I'm not a big sweets fan, but pecan pie is one exception.
Before this cook, I've never made a pecan pie.
I think I've made some apple or cherry pies in the past by dumping a can of filling into a frozen crust, but that's about it.

That's got to change.
So, I gathered some ingredients, using another Meat Church yootoobes as a guide.

Attachments

All the goodies go into the bowl along with some melted butter.

Grease the insides and top edge of a couple cast iron ramekins, using Grandma's secret recipe pie crust, cut a piece to fit just the bottoms of the ramekins, add a layer of chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet, and fill halfway with the pecan mixture.
Cover with another disk of the pie crust.

Attachments

Last edited:
Man, I haven't had pecan pie in a coon's age. Maybe I'll follow your lead and try making it.

one question.... how do you keep it from falling off the spoon upside down like that? :becky:
attachment.php

If you are not big into sweets send them my way. Every tooth in my mouth is a sweet tooth. That looks sooooooooo GOOD. Glad you entered that in the Throwdown

The only problem I see with this is I'm not there enjoying it. Looks fantastic. I do this in the oven and use the premade tart shells. Works so well.

Back