THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well - Today was the actual cook-off. This was a pretty good-sized event with 14 entries. This was an event to raise money for an annual multi-department Christmas Party for local law enforcement. There were lots of LEO's onsite and in the competition. A guy named "Jim" was the three-time reigning champion.
There was a blind judging before the event and then we were asked to come in a serve to attendees who paid $10 for a bowl. They could get the chili of their choice or combine partial bowls into one.
I decided to do a little marketing and scattered whole dried peppers around my "Texas 9-Pepper Brisket Chili" sign. I felt like I was doing pretty well because mine was "selling" faster than most. I ran out first, and the next fastest seller was the reigning champ who seemed to know everyone.
When the awards were announced, a woman with a white bean chicken chili was named runner-up. Then they asked Jim to present the award to the new champion - me!
Thanks to all the brethren for advice and especially 16Adams for the book tip.

David

:thumb:

HP%20Applause_zpscojszlln.gif

Back