THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is one of my favorite ways to do chickens.

Not to bring up a touchy subject, but are you a single flip or multiple flip person for chickens on on santa maria?

Looks like mighty tasty chicken there.
I recently got a Santa Maria grill but haven't cooked whole chicken on it yet. Can you explain why you're cooking over open fire instead of coals from the brassero? Am I missing something?

Looks like mighty tasty chicken there.
I recently got a Santa Maria grill but haven't cooked whole chicken on it yet. Can you explain why you're cooking over open fire instead of coals from the brassero? Am I missing something?

Actually, I had a mix of coals and open fire - I always intend to use just coals but I always end up with flame too! I usually build my fire too big but moderated myself this time; it's a bit easier to handle the meat when the grates aren't so high due to a lot of heat.

I did keep the brasserro loaded to replenish coals as needed but added splits to the fire as well.

Back