THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
George
Have lots of duck fat left over from prior roasts so I needed to do something with it. Deboned chiken thighs and marinated 24 hr in fridge. Rinsed and patted dry. Submerged in duck fat in the slow cooker. Cook 3 hr low followed by 2 hr high. Let cool some and brown in oven on broil. (Blowing out there yesterday so no camp chef.) Next time I think I may not debone so that they keep their shape better though being amle to expose all the skin to the broiler sure produced a nice crackling. Tasted great. Will do again.

Last edited:
Have lots of duck fat left over from prior roasts so I needed to do something with it. Deboned chiken thighs and marinated 24 hr in fridge. Rinsed and patted dry. Submerged in duck fat in the slow cooker. Cook 3 hr low followed by 2 hr high. Let cool some and brown in oven on broil. (Blowing out there yesterday so no camp chef.) Next time I think I may not debone so that they keep their shape better though being amle to expose all the skin to the broiler sure produced a nice crackling. Tasted great. Will do again.

What was in your marinade?

Back