Chicken Thigh Confit

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
George
Have lots of duck fat left over from prior roasts so I needed to do something with it. Deboned chiken thighs and marinated 24 hr in fridge. Rinsed and patted dry. Submerged in duck fat in the slow cooker. Cook 3 hr low followed by 2 hr high. Let cool some and brown in oven on broil. (Blowing out there yesterday so no camp chef.) Next time I think I may not debone so that they keep their shape better though being amle to expose all the skin to the broiler sure produced a nice crackling. Tasted great. Will do again.

Last edited:
Looks awesome. Might be even better if you let them hangout in the duck fat a few days (or weeks) in the fridge.

Have lots of duck fat left over from prior roasts so I needed to do something with it. Deboned chiken thighs and marinated 24 hr in fridge. Rinsed and patted dry. Submerged in duck fat in the slow cooker. Cook 3 hr low followed by 2 hr high. Let cool some and brown in oven on broil. (Blowing out there yesterday so no camp chef.) Next time I think I may not debone so that they keep their shape better though being amle to expose all the skin to the broiler sure produced a nice crackling. Tasted great. Will do again.

What was in your marinade?

Back