Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Chest to Chest/Cent KS BBQ Great Bend KS Sep 3 to 5, 2010

Got our invite to the Chest to Chest. Someone tell Kelly to save me some of that Prime Rib. I won't make it in till 9 or so Thurs. night. :tsk:

This is just a thought. What's the ruling on this? We have already commited to cook locally that weekend and will have to miss the C2C. Can we have Bob's buddy, who has cooked with us a few times, cook the C2C under the Boondoggle name? We don't want to infringe on the "can't compete in 2 places under the same name, at the same time rule". he would not cook the 2 KCBS under our name.

This is just a thought. What's the ruling on this? We have already commited to cook locally that weekend and will have to miss the C2C. Can we have Bob's buddy, who has cooked with us a few times, cook the C2C under the Boondoggle name? We don't want to infringe on the "can't compete in 2 places under the same name, at the same time rule". he would not cook the 2 KCBS under our name.

Andy cooked as Pork Pullin Plowboys last year at the C2C since I was at the Butt to Butt. As long as you feel like the guy can really be considered a "Boondoggle Boy", I'd say go for it. In our case, Andy and I cooked several contests together before C2C.

Andy cooked as Pork Pullin Plowboys last year at the C2C since I was at the Butt to Butt. As long as you feel like the guy can really be considered a "Boondoggle Boy", I'd say go for it. In our case, Andy and I cooked several contests together before C2C.

He cooked with us one year at the Royal, the World Pork Expo and teamed with Bobby to win GC at Racing for the BBQ, so I think he fits that description.

He cooked with us one year at the Royal, the World Pork Expo and teamed with Bobby to win GC at Racing for the BBQ, so I think he fits that description.

I will contact Kent to get an official ruling. I think if you consider him as a member of your team, it would be ok. Then he could cook for the KCBS contests under his own name, or as Boondoggle's Buddy. :grin:

C2C is a invitational so you should be fine, but I'm not certain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got our invite to the Chest to Chest. Someone tell Kelly to save me some of that Prime Rib. I won't make it in till 9 or so Thurs. night. :tsk:

Kosmo, let me know how many will be with you for the prime rib and we will make sure there are plates for you.

For DMDon and Boondoggle, if you have a teammate come cook the Chest to Chest and they win, Boondoggle BBQ will have the automatic entry for the future. You will have to decide who gets the bull peni$ walking stick, but be careful, everyone will want to touch it! :shock:

I was told by KCBS that if I wanted to have someone cook Excelsior Springs as Big Creek BBQ, I'd have to cook the Sam's Club Invitational under "Big Creek BBQ Missouri" or something of the sort. Trouble is, we qualified for the invitational as Big Creek BBQ so we really could not change. However, the Invitationals are sanctioned events. C2C is in no way, shape or form a KCBS event so I wouldn't think there would be a problem with that situation.

Yeah, I don't see how they could allow a team to cook the Sam's Club Invitational and a points contest the same weekend. Team A would have to cook the invitational they were invited to cook and then Team A-Missouri could cook the points contest. I wouldn't think Team A-Missouri would be allowed in the invitational.

I was told by KCBS that if I wanted to have someone cook Excelsior Springs as Big Creek BBQ, I'd have to cook the Sam's Club Invitational under "Big Creek BBQ Missouri" or something of the sort. Trouble is, we qualified for the invitational as Big Creek BBQ so we really could not change. However, the Invitationals are sanctioned events. C2C is in no way, shape or form a KCBS event so I wouldn't think there would be a problem with that situation.

Plus, C2C is on a different day than the other contests so the rule would not apply.

If anyone will be cooking the Central Kansas BBQ contest by themselves and would like to have a box runner, my 14 year old daughter has volunteered to help. She is going to ask a few of her friends to help also, so let me know if you would like a runner and I will see what I can line up.

Also, I have heard a few teams say the entry fee is too high for our contest. Just remember the $375 is for TWO complete KCBS contests with 2 ancillary categories with the same prize money. That is only $187.50 each contest with free electric, free ice, and 2 t-shirts. And it won't cost you any gas money for the 2nd contest. :grin:

Kent also has storage space available if anyone will be cooking at McPherson or Garden City the weekend before and would like to drop off their trailer or smoker so they don't have to haul it back and forth.

I had a really good time with Smoke on Wheels last year. Great event. The dinner Kelly Wertz does for the C2C cooks isn't something that you want to miss if you've qualified. Being able to do two additional contests but having to set up once, and pack up once is another bonus.

I had a really good time with Smoke on Wheels last year. Great event. The dinner Kelly Wertz does for the C2C cooks isn't something that you want to miss if you've qualified. Being able to do two additional contests but having to set up once, and pack up once is another bonus.

Jorge, are you coming back this year? You might be the Plowboy's good luck charm!

I may be out of the chest to chest. Don't know if I can get there until Friday night.

Forcast

I usually don't pay much attention past tomorrow, but hopefully they have it right this time, ITS COOLER!

It's not too late to get entered, so come see us!

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 50
Back