THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

extra300

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I have an 18" WSM with a IQ 110 and I like the smoker and the results, but it uses a lot of fuel and isn't the easiest to clean when your only cooking for 2 people.

So I was thinking about either getting the 14" WSM because overall it is smaller, use less fuel and easier to clean, or get a small vertical gas smoker.

suggestions?

thanks

My 14 wsm rocks, the coal ring right full holds around 1 bucket of coal, burns a long time for that amount of coal. Its by far the most efficient cooker i have used yet.

since i got my 14" WSM the 18 and 22 are getting rusty...
Best smoker Weber came with, for 2 people you'll never need anything else.. (besides an 18" OTG along with Cajun Bandit rotisserie and stacker :) )

I would go with the small WSM, it's a great smoker! - and 2 [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Brinkmann-812-9236-S-Rib-Rack-Grilling/dp/B00E3GOB6Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406387461&sr=8-1&keywords=ribs+rack&dpPl=1"]Amazon.com : Brinkmann 812-9236-S Rib Rack for Grilling : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OHSG3YzZL.@@AMEPARAM@@51OHSG3YzZL[/ame]

My first smoker was a Mr.Meat bullet type smoker.. Essentially a Brinkmann.. The guy that gave it to me must have tired with the temperature control in the thing with charcoal..

So he took a side burner from a gas grill and used that instead.. Worked wonderfully with a small cast iron pan on top with wood.. You could probably do something similar with your WSM.

I would just try to figure out why it is burning a lot of charcoal when it shouldn't be, unless you consider the normal amount a WSM burns to be a lot. Are you using water in the pan? I burn less fuel since I stopped using water.

Thanks for the replies, I just went and picked up the 14" WSM from walmart.

This will be a better size to clean and use less fuel. I only cook for 2 and I already had the IQ, made sense.

Back