THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DonDee

Hey everyone,
I have searched everywhere here and just can't find someone that has changed their original temp probe from their WSM. If you have done it please guide me or send me a link where someone can explain the process. I have a TelTru BBQ grill thermometer BQ300 I want to replace it with. Looking to see how you had mount it.
THANKS!!!!

I would personally get a temperature probe you can put on the grate vs on the dome. This is so you can make sure you have a 100% accurate temperature you are cooking at, since the dome temp can vary quite a bit than grate temperature.

I would personally get a temperature probe you can put on the grate vs on the dome. This is so you can make sure you have a 100% accurate temperature you are cooking at, since the dome temp can vary quite a bit than grate temperature.
From op " I have a TelTru BBQ grill thermometer BQ300 I want to replace it with."

From op " I have a TelTru BBQ grill thermometer BQ300 I want to replace it with."

I guess I read that as, he wants to take out the original thermo off the dome and put in the Tel-Tru in it's place as opposed to putting it at the grate level.

Thats a good idea which I was thinking about but the probe is 4" and was thought it might get false reading from drippings. What u think?

I agree with Awaa. A lot of "WSM masters" will tell you to tape over the dome therm as it is almost never going to be as accurate as a grate level therm. I didn't do it, but I had a Maverick in mine so I knew what temp I was cooking at.

P.S., send me your avatar picture and I'll rotate it for you. It's making me a little seasick...

I use dome thermos exclusively. All of my WSMs are older, and I added the thermos. I bought them from Spicewine Ironwork, the same thermos Jay puts on his pits.

3 inch stem I think. They have 1/2" NPT threads so the hole for it is pretty large, like 7/8".

Back